[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw literally every startup is looking for Node.js or React
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: xhSlsDlg.jpg (90 KB, 680x907) Image search: [Google]
xhSlsDlg.jpg
90 KB, 680x907
>tfw literally every startup is looking for Node.js or React developers.

When is this meme going to end?
>>
>>54909798
after the bubble bursts
>>
>>54909798
>Node.js
Never. Javascript has finally matured to the point that shit like python+django and ruby+rails aren't necessary.

>React
Give it a year and ask again though it seems like other frameworks may start integrating ideas from React+Redux.
>>
>watching make video on youtube
>guy built a VR fixed binocular
>opens that shit up
>fooken tablet inside as video device
>1st kek
>uses browser as the software to manage the video
>2st kek
>uses microcontroler with Node.js to connect to the browser
>1 ticket to kekistan pleas
Meme tech must end.
>>
>>54911783
All tech is meme tech, pajeet.
>>
>>54909863
>js
>mature
honestly? do you really believe this? what's array plus object in javascript? the language is fucking bananas and always will be
>>
>>54913704
Well then bitch hope you like bananas
>>
>>54909798

>Be OP
>Learn C++/C/C#/Similarly high-level language
>no real programming job wants me because my portfolio is shit/non-existent, I have zero personality or social graces, and I smell like Cheetos full time
>Fucking Node.js/React developers and startups ruining my life
>>
>>54913704
>le array + object meme
>still relevant in the age of TypeScript and Flow
try again, doublenigger
>>
File: 1444408890687.jpg (438 KB, 1074x1071) Image search: [Google]
1444408890687.jpg
438 KB, 1074x1071
>dad why did you get a tattoo of an ugly frog?
>...shut up and eat your mustard sandwich
>>
>>54913704
you often find yourself adding an array and an object?
>>
>>54909798
>Was a 25 NEET jobless with no educatin
>Learn Node and React and made a couple of projects.

One and a half years later I work for some hipster Startup, get payed really well, got a gf and started shaving.

Node literally saved my life.
>>
>startup
>looking an experienced C++ dev for backend and a fresh out of uni kid to do angularjs/bootstrap/sass for our web frontend
>only pajeets and slavs applying that can't do either

what is this fresh hell
>>
>>54914695
>c++
>backend

why
>>
>>54914986
because our shit has to go fast.
>>
>>54913704
Why would you ever need to add an object and array, Rajesh?
>>
>>54915021
i think you are a 16 year old pretending to be something on the internet
>>
>>54915075
oh, ok then. You're not right, but ok.
>>
>>54915096
carry on sport
>>
fuck, guess i have to do some shit with node.js then.
>>
>>54915114
Why would using C++ to achieve a fast backend be so unbelievable?

We do financial software. GC pauses aren't acceptable, and we need a langauge that plenty of devs could work in.

Fast but esoteric language = no hiring
Popular languages are typically interpreted = slow.

C++ is a good middle ground between speed and being able to get developers to actually develop it.
>>
File: thumbnail_og[1].png (17 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_og[1].png
17 KB, 800x800
>>54915050

The problem is that your "dynamically typed" (= shit) language doesn't protect you at all from doing stuff you don't mean to, but do anyway because you know, we're human and everyone makes MISTAKES? We invented compiler-level type checking to do that job for us but "nooo, fuck that, tests will take care of everything anyway"!

>>54913827

Until TypeScript (which is just slightly less shitty, mind you) completely replaces JavaScript (never), we're stuck with the latter. If only for maintenance reasons. There's no real way out: we'll be stuck with both low runtime performance and extremely fragile code for the eternity.

>>54915021

The babby probably meant "why not C". Don't mind him.
>>
>>54915172
>GC pauses aren't acceptable

Eh, they can be mitigated enough for most applications if you know what you are doing on the JVM.

Of course, I don't know what you're doing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.