[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creating a database for login/register
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I was wondering if anyone could help me I'm trying to get a database set up for a login/register system for a website. Thanks in advance
>>
if you cannot setup a simple mysql database, then perhaps you should look for another way, another project, or pay someone to do it for you.
>>
any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>54909287
ah, I've been trying to look up things to help me get it done, been unsuccessful so far, trying to do it without the paying part. thyeres so many free hosting shit I've gotten the website up I just am not sure how to get the databse part finished.
>>
>>54909255
Do you already know generally how databases work, how to define a scheme and write queries etc? If not, you need to learn that first. If you do, please describe exactly what issues you're having.
>>
http://tutorialzine.com/2009/10/cool-login-system-php-jquery/
>>
File: quacker.jpg (58 KB, 541x566) Image search: [Google]
quacker.jpg
58 KB, 541x566
>>54909739
>md5 hashed passwords
ree
>>
>>54909782
>ree
Is that, like, the slightly-higher-functioning equivalent of "REEEEEEEEEEE"?
>>
>>54909841
re
>>
File: 342.jpg (98 KB, 919x1000) Image search: [Google]
342.jpg
98 KB, 919x1000
If you're going down this path, please please please do it fucking right.
If you can't do it without some bullshit like plaintext passwords or MD5 passwords, along with GET over HTTP, don't do it.

Make sure to hash and salt all passwords, change the default database password, and use POST parameters.
For hashing and salting use something like Blowfish or SHA-512. Don't use SHA-1.
Also try to get HTTPS up and running.

If you can't do these things, you have no business storing a password. Use some third-party authentication and login instead.
>>
>>54909841
It's like you have every reason to be angry at a person, but you've already burned out.
>>
>>54910327
>>54910327
>plaintext passwords
No
>MD5 passwords
NO
>Blowfish or SHA-512
ALSO NO

JUST USE FUCKING BCRYPT
GOD DAMN
>>
>>54910385

bcrypt is based on Blowfish.
>>
>>54910428
Using a bcrypt library is still tremendously better than invoking blowfish yourself.
>>
>>54909255
1. download your database software of choice
2. follow the setup wizard, don't use the default password
3. create a table for your users. Salt your passwords and don't store them in plaintext
>>
>>54909782
Pretty sure it's just an example not to be used in the real world
>>
>>54910462
>tfw so tech illiterate you could tell me this was an /x/ post and I'd believe you
Why am I even here?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.