[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I progress further with coding. I have done many small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
How do I progress further with coding. I have done many small programs that do computations and conversions. I have three different books, but I still can't get past the first couple of chapters.
>>
perhaps, just maybe, programming isnt your thing.
>>
>>54909114
First you must travel through the functional woods until you reach the object-oriented mountain. Enter the caverns of patterns and proceed until you encounter the FOSS dragon. Slay the beast and you will surely level up.
>>
You can't become a chemist without going the fuck out and doing chemistry.
You can't become an engineer without going the fuck out and looking at engineering projects and products and tinkering and building shit.
You can't become an artist without going out and taking inspiration in relation to what the fuck you want to be an artist of and in what way.
You can't DEVELOP YOURSELF and FIND YOURSELF, if you don't know what the fuck exists due to being a frog living in a well.

I want to strangle this dumb fucking retarded idiot.
>>
>>54909114
Why did you save that stupid quote?
>>
Learning is always difficult at first. You don't have enough passion to accidentally get past that stage, but that doesn't make you hopeless.

Just keep at it. Make progress instead of letting yourself give up.

That's easy to say and hard to do, but it's the truth.
>>
>>54910195
You also can't become a chemist just by going out and chatting up other chemists. You have to experiment and study on your own. There's a balance. You have to look at the world to gain new experiences, but you have to spend some time alone studying and tinkering to truly learn anything meaningful.

Similarly, you do develop as a person by socializing and getting out. But if you want to truly get to know yourself, you have to spend some time with yourself.
>>
>>54910238
op making bait post
>>
>>54909203
This must be realized as a game.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.