[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using a complicated OS doesn't make you any more intelligent.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Mac OS X Server guest.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mac OS X Server guest.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
Using a complicated OS doesn't make you any more intelligent. Sure, it teaches you how to do tasks in multiple ways, but why does it matter when there's already an elegant way to do such things (when it works most or every time?)

>Elegance has the disadvantage, if that’s what [you want to call it], that hard work is needed to achieve it, and a good education to appreciate it.
- Dijkstra
>>
>>54907310
its a great os, hope they support opneGL 4.5 soon
>>
OSX is effectively just a castrated Linux
>>
OSX is effectively a pure blooded master race Linux
>>
>>54907310
>I'm dumb and nothing can change that
agreed
>>
>>54907310
Would be nice if you stopped using words you don't understand.
>>
>>54907310
>OSX
>not complicated
>>
Because autism
>>
>>54908166
Quick, tell me the steps to install a complete build environment.

I'll go first:
>open terminal
>sudo apt-get install build-essential
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 261x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 261x300
>>54907310
>everyone on /g/ always going on about "Muh UNIX philosophy" and POSIX certified OSs
>hates one of the few OSs that's more POSIX compliant than Linux and actually UNIX certified
>because it's popular
>>
> muh pretty design

OS X is fine if you get under the hood and use the terminal to actually get shit done. Elegance is a garbage term for design over function. If I can't get the machine to do what I want then it's useless.

What I wouldn't give for Woz to be in charge of Apple. I might buy one if the company was under him.

I've had enough of these art fag paper weights that Apple shits out every year.
>>
>>54910285
...sometimes, if you're lucky.
>>
>>54910360
If you're a clueless babby then any OS will be hard to use. But OSX is a pain to deal with even if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>54910317
>actually UNIX certified
Open Group still make that toilet paper? Even Windows 10 can earn it. :^)
>>
>>54910513
>using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.