[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does software exist to run hardware, or does hardware exist to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: pseudo_intellectual.jpg (36 KB, 376x319) Image search: [Google]
pseudo_intellectual.jpg
36 KB, 376x319
Does software exist to run hardware, or does hardware exist to run software?
>>
>>54907266
yes
>>
every hardware has its software
>>
>>54907266
You create hardware to run software and then create software to run on that hardware.
>>
>>54907266
>hardware exist to run software
This. Humanity invented machines to do hard or repeatable job instead of humans. We did not invent machines just because of the idea that we can utilize them in the first place. We have invent machines because we are in for need them to do the job for us.
>>
>>54907311
So hardware ultimately rules.
PROGRAMMERS CONFIRMED FOR LOWER CASTE.
>>
>>54907333
Yes, hardware rules because the groups who develop the hardware are not just engineers or programmers alone, dipshit.

People really are delusional on /g/
>>
>>54907333
>>54907373 (me)
At the fundamental levels there is not difference between hardware and software, they can't run without eachother.
>>
>>54907392
That's complete lies.
My penis can run without my brain. Morning wood proves this.
>>
>>54907404
It's still running firmware, genius
>>
>>54907412
Preposterous. Firmware is a social construct.
>>
>>54907266
I'm jobless naked hobo in the forest who gets internet from phone cables.

!NO HW/NO SW!
>>
>>54907404
>>54907426
>>54907412
Firmware yes, there are still nerves needed in your dick and spine for it to get hard.

Also, human nerve system is glue logic not running software.
>>
>>54907404
>My penis can run without my brain. Morning wood proves this.
Morning wood is the result of chemical reaction in the brain, did you sleep in biology senpai?
>>
>>54907436
Nerves are just an extension of your brain. They call the whole thing the "nervous system". And firmware is just a different type of software, don't ever let anyone try to convince you otherwise.
>>
>>54907483
By definition firmware is software yes, but you could also call a hardware hardwired module for a bigger system "firmware" in the sense of what it's purpose is.

Nerves are not just an extension of your brain, a living body without a head (alive artificially) can have boners thanks to the nerves in your spine.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.