[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to fry a gpu to guarantee a successful RMA return?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: gpu.jpg (929 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
gpu.jpg
929 KB, 3264x1840
Best way to fry a gpu to guarantee a successful RMA return?

GPU in question is EVGA 960. Needs to look legit, won't raise any concerns, and won't break the rest of my computer
>>
>>54905810
Why do you want to RMA it?
>>
Put it in the oven on 350 for 25 minutes. Apply a light honey glaze and serve hot.
>>
>>54905905

It's been a piece of shit ever since I bought it. Defective probably, /g/ kept telling me RMA it cause the performance was so bad. I just replaced it with a 390x so I want to rma it to give to a friend
>>
Flash the BIOS of a similar card by the same manufacturer that has a different amount of VRAM. It will cause it to glitch and look like the VRAM is defective. Nobody will check the BIOS for that.
>>
I got an Asus GTX 760 RMA'd after my dog pissed on it.
>>
>>54905810
Run furmark with the fans disconnected and hope your GPU melts before it turns off.
>>
File: 1261060155935.png (348 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1261060155935.png
348 KB, 800x750
>>54905810
>Buying NVIDIA ever

That's what you get
>>
>>54905810
install gentoo
>>
>>54905810
Wrap a towel around it and run furmark.
>>
1.Remove from computer
2. grab a figure eight 110/240v power cable.
3. split and expose wires.
4. touch individual wires to a component on the pcb
5. ?????
6. Profit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.