[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, any of you netsec/crypto-inclined on here? Would anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: keybase.png (42 KB, 610x160) Image search: [Google]
keybase.png
42 KB, 610x160
Hey /g/, any of you netsec/crypto-inclined on here?

Would anyone care for an invite to Keybase?
>>
bumpy

For anyone that's interested, Keybase is an online identity-verifying and messaging service.

It utilizes RSA encryption for secure authentication of online accounts, websites, and Bitcoin wallets. It assigns you a public key and associates it to your account, so people can send you encrypted messages via an insecure channel.

keybase.io
>>
is there seriously no cryptofag on /g/ right now?
>>
one last bumpu
>>
How many people use this?
>>
>>54902701
It's in Invite-only beta, so only that much.
>>
>>54901861
>authentication of online accounts, websites, and Bitcoin wallets
>Bitcoin wallets

fucking con artist gtfo

you're not touching my coins
>>
>>54901861
Who gives a shit? Wouldn't a site like this be the first place feds look into when trying to find illegal activity? It's like a big neon sign that says "HEY GUYS IM SELLING DRUGS AND GOVERNMENT SECRETS. PLEASE DONT LOOK THOUGH AND RESPECT MY PRIVACY" for anything that you're that concerned about security just send it over yahoo using a pad encryption and an email that gets tons of spam you dumb fuck
>>
>>54902922
I don't know how this site would give away any of that information.

I think maybe you should check the README.md, or even just the homepage of the site?
>>
>>54902913
This so much.
>>
>>54902977
>>54902913

I don't think you quite understand how this service works
>>
>>54903018
Says the shill
>>
>>54903170
Explain how this website seems malicious in any way
>>
Good grief. Look. Keybase is for authenticating public keys and accounts by posting proofs-of-ownership, you numbskulls. It's an augmentation of web-of-trust (which doesn't really work that well in practice).

So if you were verifying your Bitcoin address, you'd be publicly verifying that the short public key string that lets people send coins to you actually belongs to you, not posting your sodding private wallet.

I've been in for what, maybe a year now? That said I don't think anyone actually used it, but that's GPG for you. I haven't installed any software from it (proofs can be done purely from the bash command line where you can clearly see everything that gets signed and why), nor does it have any of my keys or accounts.
>>
>>54903266
Thank you, someone that know's what they're talking about
>>
>>54903289
Keybase confirmed for pajeet devs
>>
File: ltMt6.png (62 KB, 896x420) Image search: [Google]
ltMt6.png
62 KB, 896x420
>>54903266
Go away goyim. You can't fool me; these are my hard earned shekels
>>
Yeah sure I'll take one. Learning about some cryptography stuff at the moment, maybe it'll come in handy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.