[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I create a Pinterest style page on my blog site?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Anyone good with web design? I want to create a website that has one page with an infinite scroll and a Pinterest style to it - like 4 images per line and a link to the recipe for each. (Pinterest requires people to log in now so my Pinterest is essentially useless for getting meat eaters to see what vegan food can be like.) The rest of the pages would be like a typical blog. I'm technologically challenged and tried to just add a code to a blog of mine to create that effect but failed miserably and am tired of searching for websites that offer what I want.
>>
>>54901386
Go spend some time with your sister.
>>
>>54901396
I don't get it. I mean I would love to but I don't get why you'd say that.
>>
>>54901386
Thanks for the idea faggot
>>
>>54901386
Okay I get that you're all butthurt because I'm a vegan activist and that makes you feel inferior but can you ignore that and just tell me what to do to create the kind of site I want to create? Thanks.
>>
>>54901386
>getting meat eaters to see what vegan food can be like
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>54901593
>vegan activist
ffs.
>>
>>54901386
POO
O
O
>>
>>54901386
what kind of food is that?
>>
>>54901386
Lets just see the situation unfold.
I am good with web design.
State your questions if you have any.
>>
>>54901630
People who like food.

>>54901646
Cry about it.

>>54901668
Oklahoma "Bacon Cheeseburger" from Native Foods Cafe. I know it doesn't look like a "burger" but holy moly it was the best thing I've ever eaten.

>>54901694
Well, how do I do it? I just want one of my pages to have this infinite scrolling and I want to be able to format it as well so I can have four images per line along with the links to the recipes. For free if possible since I'm poor. I'm willing to pay up to 40 dollars just because I care so much about this cause and need an effective website.
>>
>>54901386
Just look into Boostrap (for CSS) and jQuery (for javascript). Yeah, JS is shit, but you won't get dynamic website without it.
>>
>>54901593
Just insert
<div id="vegan" class ="faggotry">
Im a huge cucked out faggot and im literally addicted (physically and mentally dependant) on hot spicy cocks
</div>
>>
>>54902260
Thanks even though this sounds like it's going to be a lot of work and I just want to be done with it.
>>
>>54902174
To have 4 columns spread across the site equally, just make DIVs of same class. Make the class width 25%, float left. Or you can always use Display: flex and flex: 1. Than play with some paddings and margins.

For never-ending site -> you must include jquery library and use JS.
Here is a script to detect end of file when scrolling:
var win = $(window);

// Each time the user scrolls
win.scroll(function() {
// End of the document reached?
if ($(document).height() - win.height() == win.scrollTop()) {

$.ajax({
url: 'content-server.php',
dataType: 'html',
success: function(html) {
$('#posts').append(html);
}
});
}
});
});

And you use ajax to send POST request to your PHP file which would return another/more rows of your pictures+text from your database/files in a folder.
>>
>>54902513
check out freecodecamp.com it explains all those things very simply
>>
>>54901593
Up to this point nobody has said anything about meat and vegan, which leads me to believe you're just an attention seeking faggot.
>>
>>54902581
You know there's code tags right?
>>
>>54905318
How do you do code tags?
>>
Use fucking bootstrap OP
>>
Cheeseburger activists here. How does it feel to know you'll never be as successful as me.

Minimum wage starting at the McD's.
>>
>>54901386
I can do that for $250, leave an email
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.