[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best way to prepare a bootable USB flash drive? I dont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 20160419_214516.png (394 KB, 1080x1848) Image search: [Google]
20160419_214516.png
394 KB, 1080x1848
Whats the best way to prepare a bootable USB flash drive? I dont like using intermediates like Rufus or YUMIboot, rather would go for a grubloader. What are the necessary steps to making one from cmd?
>>
What game is that OP, and why are you some android cuck?
>>
>>54901028
man dd
>>
File: 1457393263828-b.jpg (102 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1457393263828-b.jpg
102 KB, 720x540
>>54901047
Because my phone and service is paid gor by work, and I think it's called Neko Atsume, kitty farming bro
>>
>>54901072
So I need cygwin for that?
>>
what's wrong with dd?
>>
>>54901106
if you're a winfag you'll have to use a third-party program because in case you haven't noticed it's a shit OS that doesn't even include basic functions out of the box

but if you have any kind of *nix system you can just go into the terminal and use
dd if=/path/to/image.iso of=/path/to/drive/partition bs=1M; sync

it's literally that easy, just rtfm like >>54901072 suggests or google it or do anything other than asking /g/ to hold your hand for an incredibly simple task
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.