[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser do you use ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: brows.jpg (29 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
brows.jpg
29 KB, 600x390
What browser do you use ?
>>
Edge. Hands down.
>>
>>54901000

Safari desu
>>
>>54901000
Google Chrome and Firefox Nightly.
>>
>>54901000
Pale Moon on Windows, Chrome on Debian for pepperflash
>>
>>54901000
Opera. I don't care about chinks, it has the best feature set for me.
>>
>>54901180
>Chrome on Debian for pepperflash
Aint it a bitch that we need to do that?
I wish to once again have a world where I only need 1 browser.
>>
>>54901000
Unrelated to the thread but does this board have threads where you can ask for little help for your code? I think most people here are advanced programmers, do you guys help out the noobs too? I'm trying to code something and looking for a tip where can I post without creating a new "HELP ME" thread?

Thanks.
>>
Safari
>>
>>54901218
>>>/g/dpt
>>
>>54901000
Netscape navigator
>>
>>54901247
thank you
>>
>>54901000
Yandex
>>
chromium no sync
>>
>>54901180
first time I heard about pale moon.

I've been using firefox for 12 years , maybe it's time for a change ?
>>
>>54901000
sticking with the flaming wreck that is firefox and its derivatives until it finally burns to the ground.
>>
>>54901401
Palemoon forked from firefox at around 24 to preserve the better UI and will also not be adopting the multi process sandboxing that firefox is moving to. If you customize your UI a lot or use tons of tabs, palemoon is the best browser. otherwise, it varies.
>>
>>54901000
>anything but chrome in 2016

i didn't even think it was possible, wow
>>
>>54901428
Chromium's ui went to shit in 2014.
>>
>>54901428
chrome doesnt scale out past a few tabs. its only useful if you're some sort of internet casual.
>>
>>54901467
Actually it's the opposite - it will eat a lot of RAM but will be just as snappy with 100 tabs. Unlike firefox, where just having more than 10 tabs open makes ui slow.
>>
Vivaldi. Switched from Opera because tab stacks. Switched from Chrome to Opera because why not?
>>
>>54901503
I have 300 tabs open on firefox (palemoon) right now, no issue. Chrome can save you from shitty websites pegging your process' CPU resources however. But using these 300 tabs is only taking 1GB of ram in the process. I'm guessing chrome would be north of 4GB attempting the same.
Chrome does have cases which it remains more fluid because of its design, however, the UI cant even properly display 300 tabs, nor is it efficient on RAM.
>>
Opera 12.16, SeaMonkey on platforms Opera doesn't support, TenFourFox on PowerPC OS X.
>>
>>54901000
ultron

but nah i use Chrome, FF, Opera and Vivaldi
>>
I'd recommend Chrome to the average users. If you care about customization and/or privacy, Firefox can beat it if you spend some time tweaking it to your preferences.

As far as all the different forks of each goes - I wouldn't bother unless you have some personal issue with the developers of the base code.

My problem with Firefox is that, after a certain point, it starts chugging along whereas Chrome remains fairly snappy. I'm guessing this is due to Chrome generally using significantly more resources than Firefox.

I use 15ish add-ons in each browser, block scripts and plugins by default, and generally have around 10~20 tabs open at any given time.
>>
Waterfox. I tried it cause Firefox kept crashing. Haven't had a single issue with it so far. Is good.
>>
Surf for lowkey shit
Chrome stable for hardcore Internet browsing

hue
>>
>>54901000
Firefox since like 2004
>>
Vivaldi
>>
>>54903794
Low quality bait
>>
File: baby sloth.jpg (999 KB, 1440x1376) Image search: [Google]
baby sloth.jpg
999 KB, 1440x1376
>>54901000
I jump between FirefoxDevEdition, Chrome and Safari. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Chrome
Super stable for me. Built in flash is nice (don't have any separate flash installed). Clean design and good support for OSX only features (elastic scrolling, pop-up word definitions). Botnet.

Firefox Developer Edition
Sometimes stutters for me (with multithreading turned on). Best poweruser addons, such as the new and improved Tab Groups. No support for OSX only stuff. So-so design.

Safari
Looks slick, great animations and so on. Obviously has the best support for OSX stuff. Only has the bare minimum of extensions (but that DOES includes uBlock and Tampermonkey). No webm support.
>>
Started using Opera since Chrome 51 seems to have some scrolling issue. Whenever I scroll down a page it jumps back to the top first. Same whether smooth scrolling is on or off, and it's definitely not a hardware issue because only Chrome does it. Spent a good while yesterday verifying this.

Opera is basically Chrome so it'll do for now while Chrome sorts its life out.
>>
Pale Moon of course.
I have never been more satisfied with a browser.
>>
>>54901000
SeaMonkey.
>>
>>54903818
Look into the VLC plugin for Safari.
>>
>>54905305
Thanks for the tip, but I already have it installed. It works in a pinch but the experience isn't exactly great.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.