[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every single IT job I apply for require this shit they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: bullshit.jpg (81 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
81 KB, 800x513
What is ITIL and COBIT and why do I need it, /g/?
>>
It took me about 3 hours studying over 3 weekends to get my ITIL v3. Shits easy. It dovetails into ISO 2oooo which these companies are most likely certified to. May ISO 27001 too. That's data security.
>>
>>54898210
Why the fuck are you pursuing a career that will be obsolete in several years?
>>
>>54899627
Explain yourself. If you're gonna say dumb shit. Follow it up with a dumb explanation.
>>
You're applying to the wrong places of you're looking for an entry level position and they want these. Typically your employer will pay for your certifications and this kind of stuff is for more large enterprise and governments (especially COBIT).

ITIL is cash though.
>>
>>54899627

This. There's a reason they teach you Haskell and Lisp instead of ITIL and COBIT in college.
>>
>>54899769
>You're applying to the wrong places of you're looking for an entry level position and they want these. Typically your employer will pay for your certifications and this kind of stuff is for more large enterprise and governments (especially COBIT).
>ITIL is cash though.

Don't be dumb. Lots of places want all employees to be ITIL certified and have experience with ISO 20k/27k. Those two ISOs generally take longer for IT people to become accustomed to, compared to CMMI.

OP, go get your ITIL. It costs $100 and you can get it in a weekend.
>>
because IT is the land of certifications. what people say of large corps is correct. try startups or development, as a developer can get by with a portfolio of work.
>>
>>54900971

COBIT is a million times more useful than Lisp, you neckbeard.
>>
File: 14835696032458.gif (1016 KB, 450x345) Image search: [Google]
14835696032458.gif
1016 KB, 450x345
>>54898210
because they dont want to hire you but they are required by law to make an "effort" before they hire poos to do the job twice as worse with half the cost

also now days no one wants to train new employees because thats just more money the company sinks into you and it makes it more difficult to fire your ass at the drop of a hat since they have invested in you
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.