[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online privacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 2000x1000
Sorry for the greentext, but I'm too dumb to express myself otherwise.

>fucked up my online privacy years ago by not using shit like Ghostery
>fucked up my online privacy by using the same identity everywhere so there is a huge trail everywhere
>google analytics and the sites I used have years and years worth of browsing habits and posts by me
>used the same identity in email and IRC for years
>never used IP address masking
>even if I delete data from the internet, sites like archive.org and the like will all permanently keep that data forever
>if I try to be careful with privacy now, there's probably something I'd miss, so what's the point
>and if I try to keep irl and online shit separate, everyone could easily link me to my old identity anyway

Anyone else the same way? I kinda fucked up, and there's already so much out there that I might as well not even really bother.
>>
>>54895770
Forgot to mention data scrapers and machine learning. Even if I try to keep my identities separate, that shit will get data mined and will use heuristics to figure out who is who based on metadata and the patterns in how people type out their text.

I'm scared that even all the anonymous stuff I've said on 4chan will get data mined and pinpointed to me someday, based on various heuristics.
>>
>>54895829
>anonymous stuff I've said on 4chan
>anonymous
>4chan
>anonymous

i dont think you understand what 4chin is my new friend
>>
>>54895770
>I kinda fucked up, and there's already so much out there that I might as well not even really bother.
I'm already fat so I guess I won't bother to exercise and lose weight.
>>
File: CjmSPqwWEAA27nh.jpg (42 KB, 680x509) Image search: [Google]
CjmSPqwWEAA27nh.jpg
42 KB, 680x509
Just watch out from now on, not much you can do to change the past. Odds are: you're a small enough person that no one big enough will truly go after you.

If you ever DO become a big person like a politician or some like that, then you will be able to just pay someone to cover up your steps for you.
>>
>inb4 "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.