[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huawei
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: atlas_VJOJUVNP.png (51 KB, 640x501) Image search: [Google]
atlas_VJOJUVNP.png
51 KB, 640x501
Huawei is expected to be the biggest R&D spender in the world this year, surpassing Intel, Google, Samsung, Toyota, Roche, and Novartis.

It is building massive R&D centers in Bay Area and Boston.

How do you feel about this?
>>
who?
>>
>>54894899
ching chong phone company
they are aiming to be one of the new tech giants, and are burning money to do so
>>
>>54894899
awei
>>
>>54894877
Huawei Nexus 6P
>>
I thought Volkswagen is the biggest R&D spender.
>>
>>54894932
*7P
>>
test
>>
>>54894933
on emissions workarounds, yes
>>
>>54894877
Its trying to leech off of US tech centers. The same is happening with Baidu taking US tech and shipping back to China.

They're trying to absorb the talents from Silicon Valley. They have the money to do so because they're state controlled too. The Huawei is controlled by a former CCP military commander if I read it correctly.
>>
I had a Huawei router once, it was shit.
>>
>>54894966
Even before that.
I remember it being somewhere close to 15 billion
>>
>>54894877
Where is AMD?
>>
>>54894995
AMD doesn't have R&D
They don't need it.
>>
>>54894995
they just pay for Jim Keller's housing and expenses.
>>
>>54895017
?
>>
>>54895032
Yes.
>>
Amd huawei gpu core next :carrot)
>>
>>54895040
True
>>
>>54894877
>How do you feel about this?
Ambivalent.

Huawei is basically banned from most every Western Nation's infrastructure due to 99.9% of their shit has (Chinese, not 5eyes approved) malware installed for surveillance...

So that's a hell of a lot of money for gear that won't see Western release
>bbbut muh android huawei pho....
No, they aren't spending that money on some shitty android handset, they already make more money from mobile infrastructure than handset sales.
>>
Hauwei's R&D budget is mostly paying off Google, Apple, and Samsung engineers to leak a few product diagrams and blueprints for them desu
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.