[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there literally hasn't been a decent laptop made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: thomas-tank-engine-sad.jpg (41 KB, 320x225) Image search: [Google]
thomas-tank-engine-sad.jpg
41 KB, 320x225
>tfw there literally hasn't been a decent laptop made since the mid 2000's
>>
>>54894333
look in the business class laptops.
>>
Decent for me is "can use Linux" (I'm stingy with CPU/RAM/storage) and 6+ hours of battery life. There's so much of that being made these days for dirt cheap.
>>
I know that feel.

16:9 is cancer on a laptop, and 99% of laptops today are 16:9.

You literally can't buy a 16:10 laptop with a good keyboard (like old IBM-made thinkpads), a trackpad with physical buttons, IPS matte screen, and normal BIOS compatibility, no forced EFI or funky shit like Macbooks or Chromebook Pixel.

>>54894348
They're not good either.
>>
>>54894399
>(I'm stingy with CPU/RAM/storage)
Translator's note: this means he's poor
>>
>>54894465
You just described an x200 with an affs panel
>>
>>54894499
Having $40 on hand is pretty secure by global standards.
>>
>>54894531
Current unemployment rate in USA is 4.7% (14M) and that's just what they count which is basically not even a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>54894795
Well sheeeit, I got $40 and a job. I'm rich bitch.
>>
>>54894795
unemployment rate in the US is altered by a lot of things
"not looking for work" disqualifies you, that applies to people who can't find work after a while, despite them still actively searching
>>
>>54894828
14 Million confirmed poor people and that's just what they can confirm.

I willing to bet the real number is more like 25%.

>>54894861
That's why the numbers dont add up, If they were to really tell people the real numbers there would probably be riots and attacks on the rich by tomorrow morning.
>>
What thinkpads are good?

i have heard the t420 is good.
>>
>>54894465
just get a *10 series ThinkPad. 16:10, decent enough old skool thinkpad kbd, trackpad with buttons, IPS matte screen on the X201 and normal old skool BIOS
>>
>>54894333
use a 2013 or older rMBP anon, or the thinkpad x1 carbon if youre anti apple autistic, if you can find a decent business class laptop get that, but most manufacturers are letting those slide off the quality end since the money isnt there anymroe
>>
>>54894333
rMBP is fucking glorious, dipshit.
>>
>>54894333
The T420 disproves this statement.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.