[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody using Antergos? I tried to install it a few months back,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: antergos.png (49 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
antergos.png
49 KB, 340x340
Anybody using Antergos?

I tried to install it a few months back, but the installer was absolutely broken and no matter what I did it kept throwing errors mid-install, so I gave up trying. I just fired the installer up in a VM and it seems okay now, so I'm tempted to give it one last chance.
>>
>>54894092
Go for it. Its basically Arch with an easier install.
>>
had trouble with it last time i tried it too.

luks setup wouldn't go through at all.
>>
>>54894092
I will try it later today
>>
>>54894266
that would be arch-anywhere
antergos is buggy shit
>>
>>54894526
Would you really recommend it over Antergos? It looks like it was thrown together by a 12 year old.
>>
>>54894375
i've tried installing antergos xx times, it won't even boot or the setup will just fuck itself up while installing. never had similarly bad issues with any other distro. go for manjaro senpai
>>
If you really want this, Manjaro might be a better choice.
Plain Arch is probably your best bet.
Antergos is buggy post-install as well; it'll start breaking down after a while.
>>
>>54894604
am i retarded for searching "plain arch", expecting to find another arch-installer...?
>>
>>54894657
capital p made you do that, you are semi-retarded
>>
>>54894700
thanks, doc.
>>
>>54894092
Just use Archetiect Linux. It's the most vanilla as Vanilla Ice cream Arch distro available.
>>
>>54894604
>Antergos is buggy post-install as well; it'll start breaking down after a while.
How ? Because "post-install" it's just Arch.
Without repo fuckery like Manjaro.
>>
>>54894811
what's so bad about this manjaro's-repos-thing?
is it for a reason or simply because "it's not the pure arch experience"?
>>
>>54894593
Well, the installer surely was. Distro is good overall, but they seriously need to do something about the installer.
>>
Base install antergos is stable during installation , no antergos bloat, and it's still quicker than installing vanilla arch
>>
>>54894951
>what's so bad about this manjaro's-repos-thing?
It adds nothing, it's just pointless.
But the point was that
>Antergos is buggy post-install as well; it'll start breaking down after a while.
is retarded. If that was true, then it would mean the same for Arch. And for fucks sake, that would mean that Manjaro is actually the backbone of the Arch community if it works and the mainline doesn't.
>>
>>54894092
>I tried to install it a few months back, but the installer was absolutely broken and no matter what I did it kept throwing errors mid-install
Had the same experience with it, had to kill it and clone the repo and launch that instead.

>I'm tempted to give it one last chance.
It's basically arch with a couple of precompiled AUR packages. It's pretty solid for intermediate users and one of the fastest way to get an arch system going if you're too lazy to do it the arch way.
I've been using it for a year and a half or so and never had any issues with it, although I removed the antergos-specific packages and mirrors.
>>
>>54894951
They delay critical security updates iirc
>>
Why not just use Architect/Archbang/Arch Anywhere?
>>
Daily reminder that Antergos and Manjaro are shitty knockoffs of Arch that often mess up when it comes to your security.

Anyone using it because they think it's an "easy arch installer is stupid. It not Arch, it never will be. Install Archâ„¢ yourself if you want to be a true patrician
>>
>>54895114
Apparently they don't do that anymore.
>>
File: 1389515574013.png (85 KB, 525x504) Image search: [Google]
1389515574013.png
85 KB, 525x504
I've been using Antergos for about 4 months now. I haven't had to reinstall or do anything big.

The only thing that I had to fix was the Desktop Manager. The default one completely crashed and I just swapped it out. Otherwise, it's pretty comfy.
>>
>>54895114
Actually they even beat Arch to the punch with some kernel security fixes
>>
>>54895129
>>>54895114
>Apparently they don't do that anymore.
Not true. The devs are lazy and don't give a shit about your security
>>
>>54895124
took the bait and cringed
>>
>>54894604
>Manjaro
Yeah, trusting a distro maintained by people who forgot to renew their SSL cert twice certainly does sound like a good idea.
>>
>>54895159
>>>54895124 (You)
>took the bait and cringed
You know it is true though.
>>
The installer is fixed
Selecting some features were broken
>>
>>54895150
>>>54895114
>Actually they even beat Arch to the punch with some kernel security fixes
Had a good laugh at this, thanks anon.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.