[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about iPhones, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 123.jpg (292 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
292 KB, 750x1334
How do you feel about iPhones, /g/?
>>
>>54893639
they make my store a lot of money
>>
>>54893656
they make this guy's store a lot of money
>>
They are overpriced and ugly
>>
they're the pinnacle of human achievement
>>
>>54893656
They are overpriced and ugly, and they make this guy's store a lot of money
>>
>>54893656
This anon's store makes a lot of money thanks to me...now time to get on grindr.
>>
the iPhone 6 and 6s are fucking pretty phones, specially in pink, i wanted to throw my S6 into the garbage just to buy a pink 6s but i realized it only has prettiness to it.

Also i'm not a girl or a faggot, i just like the form and the unusuality of its pink color.
>>
>>54893892
>I'm a tutti frutti faggot but I'm not.

iShits in a nutshell.
>>
Perfect phone for normies.

Design was top tier until the 5s, then it went downhill.

I'd buy one but the OS is too locked for me, also no microSD slot.
>>
>>54893639
I used to like them until 5s
>>
>>54893905
didn't you read i have a S6? a Samsung S6 and that i didn't get an iPhone because its pretty but nothing else.

are you retarded?
>>
I thought they were nice enough for a few generations, but nowadays everyone I know who has one is profoundly disappointed with it. I think the fad just ran its course. Jobs' passing was both a strong business and cultural coda for Apple.
>>
>>54893639
>Razer mouse
>Iphone 6s

Yeah, it's shit
>>
File: Untitled.png (701 KB, 501x1800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
701 KB, 501x1800
>>
>>54893639

Old time Android user... And changed since 1 month.

I feel that iOS is actually better overall. Yeah, I miss some things from Android, but iOS is actually better.

I feel that iOS has a lot of things that you got to root android for getting them.

Feel free to ask, I'll reply to serious questions.
>>
>>54893639
>Want to use your own software
>"give us $200 and buy a mac"
>"it's not actually your device"

All smartphones are shit
>>
>>54894269
>I feel that iOS has a lot of things that you got to root android for getting them.
I would like to see examples, please.
>>
>>54894269
Why are you such a homo?
>>
>>54894269
>iOS has a lot of things that you got to root android for getting them
Name one
>>
>>54894287

1. My OS official browser has Ad Blocking capabilities. You can't block ads with Chrome, and if you use everything besides shitty Firefox Mobile with uBlock, you only have to rely into rooting and installing AdAway (damn, I miss it) which makes you: (see next point)
2. Losing Anti-Theft capabilities. To root you have to either install a chink rooter, or if you go the sane way you got to unblock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, which makes the phone entirely vulnerable to flashing another ROM and getting rid of the anti-theft capabilities bundled in gapps.
You can't get a proper f.lux-like software without rooting. Why? CF.Lumen only works in non-overlay mode (which means non-performance-degrading mode) while using root. Again iOS has this feature bundled inside the OS.

If you need me to go to another aspect of why I'm choosing iOS as a better alternative for smartphones please tell me.
I've owned an S Ace, S Galaxy S2, Moto G 2014, LG G3, and a Nexus 6P before.
>>
File: gay_apple_store.png (84 KB, 295x320) Image search: [Google]
gay_apple_store.png
84 KB, 295x320
Restrictive pieces of shit. No dosbox or other gpl software allowed.

>muh walled garden
>>
>>54894301

I got one that you can't even get when rooting an android phone.

You can actually use the camera's main features inside other app that isn't camera because it won't work in third parties.

You try to take a picture inside whatsapp and see if it uses laser focus in an LG G3 for example. You can't.
>>
>>54894497

The only thing I miss from android is muh lovely csploit for recon & pentesting
>>
>>54894451
>2
Hey guys, why do firmware passwords exist? To stop people from getting a hold of your hardware and wiping it like it was nothing. Why don't phones have them? Because all smartphones are SHIT.

>>54894508
That's closed standards for you. Smartphones are riddled with issues like this because "just a phone lol:.
>>
>>54893639
Well, they're ok. The Android vs iOS bullshit that's been going on for years needs to end. iPhones are business phones. With the exception of the Samsung Note and Edge phones, Android devices have piss poor security. Not even the FBI can break into the latest iPhone. If you're into ricing, Android is great. You don't even need root to use a custom launcher and icons. The desktop widgets are a nice bonus.

>iOS is for work
>Android is for play

Neither platforms are bad. Just different. I actually prefer Android phones over iPhones. They suit my needs better. I do miss muh timely updates from iOS though.
>inb4 get a custom ROM.
>>
>>54895047
This Guy gets it. I've been an iPhone user for the past year or so and I do fucking love the software on it for its no-nonsense simpleness. Sure, you get the occasional annoyance or two once in a while but for the most part, theiphone excels at being a great phone which doesn't really get in your way.

I was a bit hesitant ti jump the ship Bäck to Android but with about a week or so Bäck in the Android camp, I realize that for me, Android is the better platform at the end of the day. Even though I sometimes still Miss the simplicity, I personally do like the plethora of options that Android gives me. still, I do recognize that both platforms have their unique strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>54895240
fuck me, I really should ditch the Google keyboards' automatic prediction.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.