[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with this board? Can we all agree that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: memes.png (598 KB, 1273x693) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
598 KB, 1273x693
What the fuck is wrong with this board?

Can we all agree that this stupidity over "memes" killed the internet?
>>
>What the fuck is wrong with this board?
A substantial degree of freedom.

>"memes" killed the internet
Memes are the internet, or at least the web. What you're looking for is something more like Usenet or some non-indexed members-only community with strict moderation. That's not how anything public works.
>>
>this meme again
>>
>>54893224
>people call everything topical a "meme"
this is what is wrong
>>
>>54893224
memers memeing up the place with the latest meme word is nothing new
>>
try utilizing the report option
>>
>>54893224
memers memeing up the meme with the latest meme meme is nothing meme
>>
>>54893294
>memes are the internet

Well that's the problem /g/ents, underaged millennials who think this statement is actually true. It was bound to happen, no way out of it.
>>
>>54893453
Just like when Pepe staredbeing posted by normies on social media
>>
>>54893323
Friendly reminder that Reddit was never on a crusade to kill 4chan. Reddit minds it's own business and if you fail to see that then you are part of the problem.
>>
>>54893224

/g/ board always used memes.
I remember Philosoraptor in /g/ front page in 2009
>>
>>54893224
>What the fuck is wrong with this board?
The catalog and reddit exist
>>
>>54893323
>>54893667
Fuck off to reddit
>>
Social media started it all.
How many fucktarded ideals were brought into existence because of it?
Now we have women marching around nobely fighting terrible blights on humanity like manspreading and mansplaining.
An outlet where blacks can pretend to be kings and rally behind theives and thugs.
It brought to us a world where hillary clinton could actually be president.
A world where everyones faces are glued to their cellphones even at the most innapropriate times.

I dont want to live in a world where my 65 year old father knows what a meme is.
Take me away.
>>
File: you.png (29 KB, 359x538) Image search: [Google]
you.png
29 KB, 359x538
>>54895442
>>
File: memeing-is-an-poop.png (98 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
memeing-is-an-poop.png
98 KB, 500x505
Memes today are a swearword with the added bonus of being annoying to autists like OP, i.e. the modern day equivalent of "trolling"
>>
A meme is an idea that is passed along, evolving over time. The name is based off a combination of "gene" and "mind".

The existence of our entire society is based on memes.
>>
>>54895499
>combination of "gene" and "mind"
>meme
>no syllable me in either word

Right
>>
>>54893667
Says a fucking trip faggot
>>
>>54895578
Your theory crafting is making you look retarded.
>>
File: 1376522418366.jpg (41 KB, 664x351) Image search: [Google]
1376522418366.jpg
41 KB, 664x351
>>54895499
Ok idiot nigger that doesn't get the point let's rephrase your definition to modern /g/:

>Is OSX a "idea that is passed along, evolving over time"

>Is FLAC a " idea that is passed along, evolving over time"

>Is [insert basically every stupid thing] a " idea that is passed along, evolving over time"

Do you think these topics and questions add to the content quality of a tech board?
>>
>>54895638
Well, they are definitely ideas and they do evolve. Those things a product of the human mind.
>>
>>54893294
how 2 find 1337 non-indexed boards?
>>
>>54895817
You don't find them, they (the users) find you. Or you make your own.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.