[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. I'm a student and I'm trying to get a web
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: wat.png (638 KB, 4760x4986) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
638 KB, 4760x4986
Hey /g/. I'm a student and I'm trying to get a web development position at a pseudo start-up at my university. It's financed by the college and ran by a professor but it's goal is to become independent. It's run by an Economics professor and a QA woman who doesn't know how to code. I could taste the resentment from the student "lead" engineer.

Anyway I just had an interview. Overall I thought it went really well. We talked about the software stack, current development goals and potential changes to the stack. The engineer seemed to like me a lot except for the parts where I talked to the QA woman.

After this 30 minute interview, we're just talking about things related to CS and then they kinda encouraged me to exit because there was another interviewer. I exited stage left but I walked past the room he was in.
Pajeet in full suit and tie.

What are my chances of getting the job /g/? The professor and QA woman are pretty uninformed and were practically begging me to work for them during the preliminary interviewer but the "lead" was pretty stoic.
Picture related. How I feel now.

It's not like this shit is hard or I can't do it but I'm not great at selling myself.

Fuck I'm so fucking anxious.
>>
File: greenIsMyPepper.png (301 KB, 592x1836) Image search: [Google]
greenIsMyPepper.png
301 KB, 592x1836
>>
>>54892919
job discussion is not technology discussion

>>>/biz/
>>
>>54894752
gotit. sage
>>
>>54892919
What's happening in OPs image
>>
>>54895281
extremely fast way to check for primes
>>
File: latest1.png (114 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
latest1.png
114 KB, 480x320
>>54895498
Jesus fucking christ how the fuck would even think that writing over 1000 lines of code for just a simple task is okay? We did this shit in the 6th grade and it only took like 10 lines of code.
>>
>>54895997
What's wrong with the code????
>>
Web Dev more like weeb Dev amirite :^D
>>
>>54896045
Nothing, it's veey efficient :^^)
>>
>>54896075
filtered
>>
>>54896130
Why dont you make a global no tripfag filter
I'm sick of seeing
>filtered
Everywhere
>>
>>54895997
calculating primes is a very time-consuming process
>>
>>54896075
>>54896083
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54895997
Holy fuck I had forgotten about Fusion
>>
>>54892919
>tfw you get paid by the lines of code per day
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.