[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dissertation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: ard.jpg (769 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
ard.jpg
769 KB, 2448x3264
So i'm a 3rd year student in computer science at Uni. I am pretty Avg in everything and know little bit about everything but i know nothing throughout.

So next year i need to start working on my dissertation project but i have no clue what to do.

P.s. pic related from internship.
>>
>>54891222
fucking machine
>>
>>54891222
Have you considered making an app?
>>
I am very lazy. I don't feel like making another shitty android or ios app.
#1 i'm not that great of a programmer. ( i have basics in C#)
#2 apps for phones are lame.
#3 i don't have any good ideas for anything app related.
>>
>>54891659
Write an app which controls >>54891222
remotely
>>
>>54891659
So you're not willing to make anything boring but you're unable to do anything interesting?
>>
>>54891222
if you're messing with breadboards, just fucking do EE and CS. CS alone is a meme study
>>
>>54891677
I need ideas/ suggestions for something.
What would you call something interesting?
>>
>>54891809
what's a problem that you have on your computer that you'd like to solve and share with the world?
>>
Google glass, but for a vr headset
>>
>>54891809
>>54891818

A GUI-based systemd service file/unit creator
>>
I have an arduino

I programmed it to cheat in guitar hero for me

...carry on
>>
Make an rfid reader and put the tags in random locations, scaning them will tell you where you are like a cheap gps that also saves batery
>>
>>54891885
>rfid reader
Hmmm, seems interesting.
>>
>>54891222
If you're good at fuzzy logic, you can use arduino/pi zero and make a water pump that would automatically pump water into the reservoir when it reach certain volume.

couple that with solar panel and electric waterump and tell the guys that shit is useful in africa or some other third world countries
>>
If you are lazy and average just make something on apex.oracle.com. it will be better than the shit everyone else makes and will take a few days.
>>
>>54892123
i kekt, but yea not bad. Not sure if that would work that easy for dissertation.

But notepaded.
>>
Make a retarded line following robot offroad, solar powered, obsticle avoiding, vaping while in action.
>>
>>54892543
with fedora
>>
>>54891243
I mean you would develope your mechanical eng. skills with it. Disguise it as a punching-bot.
>>
>>54891850
A new init would be better because its over all more helpful and compact.
>>
>>54892009
Or just make a tag that takes the first id from the readers memory and uses it as its id for access.

BONUS: Stores all tags from different readers and uses the correct one each time you come back

>NSAShouldBeLookingForMeNow
>>
>>54892009
Use RFID tags to store encryption keys for files that you have or are online. You can either use it as a physical layer to encrypt information or as a way to "hide" interesting files so long as you put up like a flire and an rfid fob. Fobs can cost like .10-.15$ if you buy them in bulk from csg. Alternatively if your university uses rfid for physical access then you can get a proxmark and bruteforce shit or sniff it.
>>
build pong irl with very simple paddle timing and bounce calculations

if you're really good then use simplecv.org with webcams to track the ping pong ball and then introduce some random motion or throw the ball at a paddle or something

you can always use it to paddle your balls if you fail to go anywhere and start to hate yourself
>>
>>54893584
2cams?
AboveCam: y-axis
SideCam: x-axis
Tacker on the ball.
>>
>>54893636

it's time to paddle your balls, anon
>>
>>54891222
What a useless human. Higher education was wasted on you.
>>
>>54893363
i guess you know a lot about RFID.
I'm from Latvia. My uni is not that advanced, lol.
>>
>>54894343
Thanks. I could create random insult generator from analyzing twitch chat, tumblr and other cancer sites.
>>
Write your own os
>>
>>54894507
That's like an hour of work
>>
>>54891222
>computer science
Why the fuck are you doing EE on an internship? Just write a superoptimizing compiler for a dependently-typed lambda calculus and be done with it.
>>
>>54894559
Because i was able to do that. I went on a ERASMUS+ program.

And did not want to sit my ass off testing lame programs and stuff in one of 420 enterprises.(what is most of my study mates did.)

p.s. nice ego.
>>
>>54894694
>nice ego
What do you mean? That you would be unable to do what I suggested? How did you even get through the second year?

Or are you suggesting the superoptimizing compiler for lambda-calculi is some cutting-ass research technology? That's not true either. Just read a few of Milner's and Jones' papers, Jones' books on implementing functional programming languages and you're good to go.

This would be a fine BSc. project for a mature enough student. Provided you've had a basic course on compilers, of course.
>>
File: course list.png (41 KB, 744x2156) Image search: [Google]
course list.png
41 KB, 744x2156
>>54894783
You are right. I am not mature enough for a project like that. I'm an average Joe looking for something interesting and maybe fun, not so research heavy

And here is a list of courses for all 8 semesters.

When i think about it it is kinda lame, lol
>>
>>54895082
That looks more like a typical CE/SE programme, rather than CS. Congrats on wasting three years on a crappy school
>>
>>54895082
Looks like you took a bunch of introductory courses to different degrees.
>>
>>54895131
No worries, i can always go to UK and do manual labor or minimum wage, lol.

Whelp. At least i had a really good time doing close to nothing and enjoying myself.

On the other hand what would you suggest, so i could become somewhat useful pajeet ?
>>
>>54895229
As long as you know some mainstream programming language you can become a code monkey.
>>
>>54895180
Study name is Computer Control and Computer Science and these are all the compulsory courses.

Did i mention i live in Latvia and I study for free?

As i stated at the beginning
> I am pretty Avg in everything and know little bit about everything but i know nothing throughout.

so yea. I would still apretiate your ideas.
>>
File: 1461664757041.jpg (21 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1461664757041.jpg
21 KB, 628x676
>>54895332
And at least it is not Women's studies, lol
>>
Just copy some crapy kickstarter project, lol.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.