[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC for a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: HP Compaq-500x500.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
HP Compaq-500x500.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
I have all the internals to an old HP DC5100, picked it up for $10 Ive just used the case to house my personal pc thought it would be funny. all the parts are tested and working I was jjst wondering if anyone knew where to find a legit free copy of xp, i assume its out there since its unsupported now thanks in advance
>>
getintopc.com

site's full of engrish, but works fine. pretty much every xp version's on there

next time use /wsr/ you bastard
>>
>>54890473
u gonna do an Xp Registry hack to keep it updating? why bother with legit? there's all kinds of hacked slipstreamed versions to use, like XP Gold
>>
>>54891550
>xp gold
quite a lot of software won't work without sp2 or sp3
>>
>>54891988
what are you trying to run?
>>
>>54892032
not op, just saying xp gold is ancient and doesn't support a lot of what sp2/sp3 does

for example, disks over 127GB weren't supported until sp1, usb2 and pci-e weren't supported until sp2

if you even attempt to install xp gold on a machine with pci-e, it will bluescreen trying to load pci.sys
>>
>>54892122
there's always XP Black, comes with SP3 and some extras. Gold has the advantage of the POS updates, but really, you can do that with any registry hack
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.