[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, let's talk about staying productive while programming.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1461140207779.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1461140207779.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
/g/, let's talk about staying productive while programming.

how do you enter "zen mode" when coding?

do you have a system for being productive? how often do you take a break? how do you eliminate distractions?
>>
Work 30mins at a time as my attention span isn't great.
Make sure I've got enough glucose, caffeine and nicotine in my system
Psytrance_mix_2005_dj_skeletor(converted_using_mp3toyoutube).flac
Comfy & clean surrounding, no distractions

Also masturbating beforehand sometimes helps
>>
>>54889943
thanks.
anyone else? p-pls respond.
>>
>>54889899
if zen mode you mean gentoo then yes xD
>>
>>54889899
Mostly coffee.
>>
I used to listen to music, ambient stuff because lyrics always distracted me, but as I've gotten older the only environment that works for me is silence. Nice quiet room, and a problem I've got a good amount of interest in solving. I think that's key; if I'm not 100% interested then I just get bored and stop working on it, and zen mode dies.
>>
>>54890491
>lyrics always distracted me
This is why kpop is good to listen to. You have no idea what the fuck is being said so it's not distracting.
>>
>>54889899
I decrease my HP to half.
>>
>>54890576
I don't understand why you would listen to music sung in a language you don't understand. But okay.
>>
I've started listening to asmr, and sometimes use kratom as a sedative. Plus coffee.
>>
>>54890491
I agree with silence I find myself too focused on finding the right song and it becomes another distraction I can do without.
>>
>>54890576
Sometimes the music is good, even if you can't understand the lyrics. I liked "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco, "Sweet Lullaby" on the Deep Forest album, and I like the songs by The Pillows on the FLCL soundtrack,

and perhaps the most incomprehensible,
"Burning Down the House" by the Talking Heads in English. Just some examples.

Aren't there some songs you like that you can't understand?
>>
ASMR & coffee nigga
>>
>>54891592
how do you not know the words to burning down the house
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.