[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the 4:3 aspect ratio die? Everyone says watching videos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
Why did the 4:3 aspect ratio die? Everyone says watching videos on that kind of screen sucks, yet everyone is raving how great of an entertainment device iPad is, and that has a 4:3 screen. Not to mention using internets and productivity stuff on a widescreen blows. When will OEMs pull their heads out of their asses?
>>
You're almost demonstrating in that picture why it doesn't matter. 4:3 doesn't give you extra vertical pixels, it just makes your screen square, if you want more vertical pixels get a higher res screen.

on 16:9/21:9 you can run two windows side by side, i often have a video playing (maybe youtube) and surf on the other side.

4:3 is stupid.
>>
>>54889178
>i often have a video playing (maybe youtube) and surf on the other side
nice add bruh
>>
>>54889230

That's because that 4:3 laptop is older than you.

For a more recent comparison - iPad Pro has a 12.9" 4:3 screen with a 2732-by-2048 resolution, and MBP has a 16:10 13.3" screen with 2560-by-1600 resolution. So you get an extra 448 vertical lines on a screen that's smaller.
On external monitors widescreen is okay, you're not gonna run out of vertical real estate on a 24" monitor for most tasks, but on small 13" notebooks 16:9/16:10 makes no sense.
>>
humans see in 4:3
>>
>yet everyone is raving how great of an entertainment device iPad is
And the opinions of those people are as valuable as the economy of Yemen.
>>
>>54889464
>implying you are not using petroleum from Yemen
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.