[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LCDs don't burn in they said. mfw this shit Is an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-03 07.34.15.jpg (452 KB, 1748x988) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-03 07.34.15.jpg
452 KB, 1748x988
>LCDs don't burn in they said.

mfw this shit

Is an Asus VS239H-P which is an e-IPS display.
>>
I thought it was ways to refresh the screen when that happened on LED screens?
>>
>>54888972
you..what?
>>
>>54888972
>>54889031
It "refreshes" the screen by regulating. That is also destroying every other pixel in order to make it uniform. It does not bring it back to the same state.
>>
>>54888949
Don't worry about it. Throw on some video overnight and let it play. Basically, randomly turn on/off the transistors over a period of a few hours. It'll fix itself.
>>
Happens on my secondary monitor if I use it for Chrome too often. I usually have the same tabs open every day, and if it's left up for long periods of time, it burns in the tabs and address bar on the top of the screen as that is a very static area where the pixels stay the same for hours at a time.

When i start to notice it I just switch my chrome to my other monitor for a few days and use my secondary monitor for my primary work which doesn't have nearly the same repetitive pixels.
>>
>>54888949
Why you didn't used a screensaver? Just curious.
>>
That's not burn in like what occurs on plasma and OLED, it's just a residual image, it will go away in a few moments if you pull up a white image.
>>
Looks like light bleed to me, tear it and glue it back?
>>
https://youtu.be/ZjdrMuKpaCI

Put on something like this. It worked for my screen when I left axiom verge on pause for too long.
>>
There's nothing in an LCD panel to burn, you fucking moron. The backlight is not even part of the panel itself but a separate component that happens to be inside the housing and it uses refraction against a backplane of thin translucent plastic to pass the light through the space involved.

I'd call you a total dumbass but that would just end up being an insult to actual dumbasses.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>54888949
Is it a new display? Then it might happen. Goes away after you've used it for a few hours
>>
>>54888949
I don't see anything. Are you feeling ok, OP?
>>
>>54888949

Burn-Ins cannot happen with LCDs.

What you are using is actually Image Persistence and it can be fixed with brute force screen tests (flashing between different colors for a few hours).
>>
You literally can't get burn in on an LCD. Put on a YouTube video that'll refresh the screen and it'll go away
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.