[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: mac_osx8.jpg (108 KB, 1280x824) Image search: [Google]
mac_osx8.jpg
108 KB, 1280x824
Why is installing Linux aside of this such a fucking meme?
>>
>>54888713
Linus uses Fedora on his Mac.
Macs are high quality laptops with great displays and are generally comfy to use. If you have enough money they are worth it.

Buying Mac for programming in Mac OS X is stupid though since Linux is superior for a developer.
>>
>>54888818
>Buying Mac for programming in Mac OS X is stupid though since Linux is superior for a developer.
As someone who uses both systems on a regular basis, you are wrong.

There are plenty of good development tools for OS X, and many of them are shared with FreeBSD even.
>>
>>54888851
2 rupees have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Rajessh.
>>
>>54888952
kek rajees XD meme original

poo in loo!!1
>>
>>54888818
>Linus uses Fedora on his Mac.
Because he's retarded.
>>
>>54890156
But Linus has a Razer Blade 14 with Windows?
>>
File: chan.png (927 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
chan.png
927 KB, 2880x1800
>>54888851

Agreed. For quickly testing code, CodeRunner and FoobarPlus are awesome OSX programs that are available to use. I run Debian in a VM if I really need Linux, but remember the shells are very similar between OSX and Linux. OSX uses the BSD version of the shell. SSH and git are two examples of things I use everyday on my macbook. If you don't have a mac, run Linux on the computer unless it's for games. If you have a mac, it isn't such a high priority to run Linux natively on it. Run it in a VM if you truly need it; else, just keep going with OSX. Worst case ontario you can ssh into one of your Linux machines.

CodeRunner and FoobarPlus: Pretty much the same program. Allows you to write a snippet of code and run it with output shown. They mostly support the same languages, but each program also supports one or two the other does not. Both are shown for ref.

Text editor wise, use whatever you want. I usually use Vim or Atom depending on if I feel like using a Gui or CLI.

Screenshot of something I threw together for the post.
>>
>>54891266
Then he's even more retarded.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.