[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this for $90. Cherry trail CPU 2Gb RAM 32GB ROM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: hi8_02.jpg (30 KB, 483x500) Image search: [Google]
hi8_02.jpg
30 KB, 483x500
Just bought this for $90.

Cherry trail CPU
2Gb RAM
32GB ROM
USB Type C
Separate dedicated mini HDMI out
Dual boot W10 and Android 5.1.1

What can I do with this?
>>
>>54888319
Use it as a fap machine whenever you have to pee/take a shit in the bathroom.

Use it as a GPS whenever you have to go outside (if it has GPS).

Use it as a recipe "book" whenever you want to cook something in your kitchen.

Use it as a remote hacking device when you drive across other people's wifi.
>>
>>54888319
i dont know, maybe u can actually fucking use it instead of asking one of the most autistic boards on this website?
>>
>>54888319
install Clover you ninny
>>
>>54888319
root it
>>
>>54888319
>Just bought this for $90.
>What can I do with this?
Oh lawd.
>Cherry trail CPU
Can this thing run AA2 with a decent framerate?
>>
Delete the windows partitions and flash a custom android ROM.

All these chink tablets run absolutely garbage on Windows 10, they are ok for Andoird though.
>>
>>54888560
>>>54888319 (OP) (You)
>>Just bought this for $90.
>>What can I do with this?
>Oh lawd.
>>Cherry trail CPU
>Can this thing run AA2 with a decent framerate?

Supposedly it is around HD Graphics 3000 in terms of GPU performance.

LoL runs at 1024x768 at low at around 60fps, if that gives you any metric.
>>
>>54888655
>HD Graphics 3000
I think AA2 is mostly limited by the processor, especially when you have the subtitle mod. Fuck it, it's 90 dollars so I'll just get one to test it. I can install Gentoo on it if it's not a suitable fap machine.
>>
>>54888319
>>54888567

also get a power bank, intel cpus are great at performance but not battery drain.
>>
File: win10_21.png (43 KB, 1027x770) Image search: [Google]
win10_21.png
43 KB, 1027x770
Microsoft will probably set the minimum RAM requirements to 4GB soon, and all these tablets will be useless bricks
They are killing the 1GB tablets right now
>>
>>54888738
well they better do it, using windows 10 with lower than 4GB RAM is just ununsable.
>>
>>54888761
No it's not,kill yourself gaymer
>>
>buy something
>asks later what can be done with it

This board really has turned into consumerist babby NEET shitposters who don't know shit about tech.
>>
>>54888738

I tried installing Win 10 on a 1gb tablet and it ran like dogshit.

8.1 is good enough and doesn;t have a bunch of shit running in the background.
>>
>>54888790
>>buy something
>>asks later what can be done with it
>This board really has turned into consumerist babby NEET shitposters who don't know shit about tech.

I just wanted to see what interesting things I could do with it. I didn't know there were cheap tablets with x86 processors.
>>
>>54888772
>100 poos have been deposited in to the loo account pajeet
>>
>>54888772
I ordered an x41 that the seller installed Windows 10 on, it can only have 1.5gb of ram, and it was entirely unusable. Too much is used by things like "Windows defender" and all the anti malware crap that eats up 100mb or more of ram, and you can't easily stop it.
It's just too resource heavy for anything with less than 4gb of ram, even my grandmas little Acer aspire has 3gb and can't run it, because 1.7gb was eaten by Windows 10 processes
>>
>>54888319
Can you try HOMM 3 WoG on it for me anon. If it works imma go get one for myself.
>>
>>54888838
It is usable with 1GB, but I'm using it on a tablet and not with a HDD and only run one program at a time

It also worked completely fine on my 2GB tablet, then I reinstalled 8 and that works fine too
>>
>>54888655
I have the HD3000 1300mhz version on i5-2520m, runs the new Senran Kagura just fine at 60fps 1366x768, Civ 5 works wonderful at medium settings before turn 150. FIFA 14 too on low-medium settings, and SF4 ultra for some reason works amazingly well, like x16 AF, all on medium, 60fps.
>>
>>54888841
>>>54888319 (OP) (You)
>Can you try HOMM 3 WoG on it for me anon. If it works imma go get one for myself.

I don't have it yet, just ordered. I don't see any reason why it couldnt run that though from a performance standpoint. It really just depends if the atom has the instructions needed, I heard it has no SSE support.

From what I have gathered it is around a C2D in CPU power, with HD Graphics 3000 for GPU power. So anything 2d or older than 2011 should run easily.
>>
>>54888841
Homm 3 worked great on my Dell Venue 8 Pro, it'd be infuriating if it didn't
>>
>>54888912
I was thinking more if the game is playable with that touchscreen, otherwise that game runs on everything.
>>54888940
Those Dells are expensive AND hard to find in my country.
>>
>>54888567
Man, how I would love to do that on my shitty Samsung ATIV Tab 3. Too bad I don't think it's even possible.
>>
>>54888960
It doesn't matter, all of these tablets are basically using the same CPUs anyway
>>
>>54888319
why would you want to gimp it with Lagdroid?
>>
>>54889850
But I am asking for the touchscreen input and I __don't__ care for the CPU, because the game runs on literally anything x86.
>>
Just format it and keep only Android. Win10 just steals your space there
>>
Run x86 programs.

Try MPC-HC on different videos. You should also be able to stream at least 480p VP9 youtube streams on tye desktop chrome browser.

btw how is battery life? I've been thinking about getting one.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.