[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't no-one compete with the macbook trackpad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
Why can't no-one compete with the macbook trackpad?
>>
>>54887876
I really don't fucking know. Probably the only good thing that shit has but Jesus fucking Christ, they excels at it.
>>
>>54887889
It's really annoying...
>>
>use Magic(r) Trackpad(r,tm,c) on Windows
>works like shit because Apple doesn't know how to program for things they don't have the full source code for
Oh wait it works like shit on Linux too, I guess they're just fucking shit programmers or something.
>>
>>54887876
I actually found Chromebooks/Chrome OS to have a pretty nice trackpad experience too. Even on the cheapest models.

>>54887901
Wayland is suppose to make Trackpad support better by allowing more types of gestures.

https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/gestures.html
>>
>>54887932
>Wayland is suppose to make Trackpad support better by allowing more types of gestures.
Holy fuck they're already starting to bloat the fuck out of it.
>>
>>54887876
>can't no-one
So, they can?
>>
>>54887876
Surface 3 and Surface 4 Pro.
Apple and MS has a cross licensing agreement so they can steal each others stuff no probs.
Also the older mechanical type touchpad >>>> the force touch pad.
>>
>>54887969
>Also the older mechanical type touchpad >>>> the force touch pad.
Are you fucking gay?
>>
>>54887969
I have a Magic Trackpad lying around and I have to say it's pretty fucking magic. Except now I'm using Windows so it's useless. God dammit.
>>
>>54888033
>likes vibrators with shitty ergonomic value
>accuses others of being gay
You're still trying to justify that new mac aren't you?

>>54888039
Yeah, the Surface 4 Pro trackpad feels identical in terms of gesture responsiveness and input latency compared to my old Retina MBP.
>>
>>54887952
>useful features I don't like is "bloat"
>>
>>54887901
>didn't research product before buying it
kek fucking retard
>>
>>54887901
http://www.trackpadextramagic.com/index.htm
try this
>>
>>54887876
Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.
>>
>>54888127
That works terribly.

I tried with my magic trackpad (the old one) and basically everytime I booted up windows I had to fiddle with pairing it up and hope to god it didn't give me an error saying "oh hey, I guess you should install drivers again because apparently they weren't installed properly" and refused to work. Most gestures, three or four finger gestures set on that program didn't work most of the time either. In that sense touchegg was much less erratic on linux.

It is just not a device made for Windows. And it doesn't help that OSX has extra software like bettertouchtool that makes it much more useful than it already is by default on that system.
>>
>>54887876
I think the right click context menu is handled pretty bad on macbooks
>>
>>54887901
Windows and Linux kernel devs' problems

Not Apple's
>>
File: 1438073239623.jpg (375 KB, 677x1294) Image search: [Google]
1438073239623.jpg
375 KB, 677x1294
>>54887876
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>54888208
I love it how as soon as it ticks into indian peak time, the Pajeets starting to come out again.
>>
>>54887876
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended

>trackshit is good
Poo in the loo Pajeet.
>>
>>54888231
IFAG PAJEEEET
>>
File: 1456372077543.jpg (110 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
1456372077543.jpg
110 KB, 800x488
>>54888231
PAJEET MY SON
>>
>>54888240
>I have never used an apple track pad, the reply
>>
>>54888240
Why do you want to click on the upper edge? Are you fucking retarded?
>extremely loose near bottom edge
Makes no sense.
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
Makes no sense.
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
Source
>still has no real buttons
It doesn't need real buttons
Makes no sense.
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
Wrong.
>>
>>54888263
>i shit on a designated shitting street, the reply
>>
>>54888283
How many rupees per post do you earn Pajeet?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-13-24-33_1.jpg (199 KB, 1078x1697) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-13-24-33_1.jpg
199 KB, 1078x1697
>>54888231
Says the pajeet
>>
Tell me when Apple devices to make a track point device.
>>
>>54887876
You're right, the XPS 13 trackpad utterly annihilates any Macshit trackpad.
>>
>>54888240
>no real buttons
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different

Calm down the bullshit, you're talking about two different trackpads. The good old "can't click well on upper edge" trackpad is definitely not flimsy, doesn't have pressure sensitive anything, you hardly ever do anything you're not intended unless you suffer from parkinsons, it only does things based on whether you tap, click or drag your fingers on top. So stop lying you lying cocksucker.
>>
>>54887876
P A T E N T S
A
T
E
N
T
S
>>
>>54888240
I love how buttdevastated mactards get over this single post. They know it is completely true and they never successfully refuted any points of it.
>>
>>54887876
Mac trackpad USED to be good. Now it is the worst experience I've ever had with a trackpad. Force touch is the worst thing I've ever heard of. My autism can't stand not hearing a physical click when I press down.
>>
>>54888348
It definitely makes a sound but fuck it feels so fake, and it's an ergonimical nightmare to press on a solid surface for hours on end, enjoy having joint pain at the age of 30, force touch tards.
>>
>use my Logitech wireless trackpad on Linux
>it doesn't recognize tap to click
Anyone know how to make this bullshit work?
>>
>>54887901
>if it doesn't work on windows it's automatically shit!!!
nice logic there anon
>>
File: mbw_whole_03.jpg (830 KB, 1280x1042) Image search: [Google]
mbw_whole_03.jpg
830 KB, 1280x1042
>>54887876
The new ones are too slippery.

This piece of shit still has my favourite trackpad
>>
>>54888456
>Apple "geniuses" can't make it work on the most popular desktop OS
Yeah, it's fucking shit. Sorry faggot.
>>
>>54888425
Fn+Left Click to activate it. Well at least on my Logitech K400.
>>
>>54887932
Can confirm, acer c720 has a fantastic trackpad
>>
>>54888474
>dat massive input lag
No, those were even worse. At least it had a physical button though.
>>
>>54888490
I have a T650.
>>
>>54888526
>T650 new firmware is available for download.

>With this release, the following gestures will be enabled out of the box:
>Adds single tap to click
>Adds double tap to double click
>Adds 2-finger tap to right click
>Adds 2-finger click to right click
>Adds 3-finger tap to middle click
>Adds 1-finger tap on right bottom corner to right-click
>Adds single finger tap n' hold to left-click and drag
>When mechanical click is pressed, edge-gestures are disabled

Time to get the new firmware. You could've just googled this man.
>>
>>54888570
Is that for Linux though? Can I build it into the kernel?
When I got the new drivers for Windows, it was 99% fucking bloat. Who the FUCK needs to have video files of some faggot swiping on the trackpad in the configuration program?
>>
>>54888593
You need Windows to flash the firmware but after that, tap to click is done in the Trackpads hardware, no longer through Logitech's Windows software. So it will work on anything without drivers.
>>
>>54888612
Firmware for the fucking peripheral. It's nice that they let you add functionality to the device, but shit like this allows malware to reside in the fucking trackpad.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.