[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is captcha some sort of advanced behavioural analysing psy-op
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (273 KB, 402x602) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
273 KB, 402x602
Is captcha some sort of advanced behavioural analysing psy-op bullshit?
>>
4 and 5
>>
why did you think spewing bunch of random words would make a coherent sentence?
>>
It's to train google image recognition software. The ones where you have to pick "all the pictures with trees". You only have to click 3, but sometimes there's a 4th picture it's uncertain of, so you can click that one and Google gets smarter.
I like to fuck with it, tree, tree, tree, car.
>>
>>54887970
I prefer the old captcha.

I wonder just how many texts google translated now where 1/2 the words are 'nigger'
>>
>>54887970
this, I try to mess up the new ones, or the ones with where they want sky bu there is water in one of the pic
>>
>>54887856
You're just doing the stuff Google's image recognition algorithms are unable to do (streetview pics like signs, road numbers, home numbers).

As for the pictures with "pic a coffee", "pic a tree" you're providing Google with input data for machine learning so it improves.

You're doing it for free.
Buy 4chan pass™ today
>>
I find it scary that over the course of having the image captcha here we've seen a upwards trend of how complex the images are. At first it was like "click the banana", but now it's asking us to identify store fronts. It's like we can actually watch as it gets smarter.
>>
>>54887991
Probably none.
For google to accept input from a single captcha would be a huge mistake.
It probably displays the same picture to multiple captcha solvers and picks the one with most answers.
>>
>>54887856
No it's an advanced machine learning bullshit. It's cheaper than getting pajeets to sit down 24/7 clicking on pictures to teach computers what things look like.
The reason they're busy with street signs/trees/bodies of water is so their navigation systems/self driving cars learn to recognise them.
>>
This just happened to me... Which squares would you select? Selecting all was wrong...
>>
>>54887856
The new captcha was engineered specifically in partnership with 4chan to get more people to buy 4chan passes.

It made me buy one, for example.
>>
>>54888185
The ones with the 7
>>
>>54888055
>It probably displays the same picture to multiple captcha solvers and picks the one with most answers.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the majority of solved captchas come from 4chan

think about it, this is a website with something on the order of 1 million solved captchas per day. Combine all the account registrations in the world and you probably won't come close to that figure
>>
Can I train my own captcha solver if I have 22,000 images of street signs?
>>
>Report a problem
>Unsolvable
I got 10 GGP (good goy points) for doing that yesterday
>>
[this post was removed due to violation of EU law.]
>>
>>54888219
>1 milion is that relevant

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/280-million-captchas-on-websites-solved-daily-2411421.php

That's in 2011 btw.
>>
File: file.png (447 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
447 KB, 2560x1600
>current year
>not using legacy captcha
>>
>>54888036
But there is a limit to it getting smarter, when all the questions become to hard for averagely educated people to solve.
>>
>>54888415
>Report a problem
>Unsolvable
I do that whenever I get one of those captchas that want me to keep clicking until there are no more images of a particular kind left. I really goddamn hate those, Google for implementing it, and hiroshimoot for not making legacy the default.
>>
>>54888466
how many of those are recaptcha?
>>
>>54888202
>Select all storefronts
>The images disappear
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>54888538
>Select images of rivers and lakes until none left
>click submit
>"Please select all applicable images."
REEEEEEE
>>
>>54888366
Yes and no
Numbers would be better but kinda impossible
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.