[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is your favorite thermal paste and why? do you bother to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: as5_pg1[1].jpg (21 KB, 362x168) Image search: [Google]
as5_pg1[1].jpg
21 KB, 362x168
what is your favorite thermal paste and why?

do you bother to reapply paste to your north and southbridge heat sinks?
>>
>>54884615
whatever comes with the cpu
>>
The one that came free with the HSF or CPU because it came free with the HSF or CPU.

If you mean my favorite as an idea and not the most frequently used... mayonnaise, because internet memes.
>>
File: Semen-sperma.jpg (17 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
Semen-sperma.jpg
17 KB, 245x230
>>54884615
>>54884650
>>
File: .jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>54884682
Go on...
>>
File: Thermal.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Thermal.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
This is what overclockers on HWBot uses so I bought it. Dunno if it makes a difference or not compared to cheaper stuff.
>>
Used a tube of MX-4 that I bought a couple of years ago when I built my new system recently. Works fine, temperatures are great.
>>
File: IMG_5472_600_400.gif (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5472_600_400.gif
29 KB, 600x400
I used to be all about the Arctic Silver 5 meme back during an era when Guru3D was the #1 authority on PC shit, but now I'm all about GC Extreme, shit's nice

AS5 WAS once top-tier shit, but it's glory days honestly ended around the time of the mainstream dual-core CPU, since there were plenty of superior non-conductive and/or ceramic-based pastes emerging that didn't require curing, and didn't lose effectiveness over time, and AS5's reputation lasted as long as it did due to eternal word-of-mouth from people that didn't bother to see if anything better was around
>>
>>54884650
Stock intel paste is crap and it's barely there, I got this i5 4460 almost a year ago and used just one tear of arctic silver, it's been running great no problems, average temp is 34°C the highest I've ever seen was 66°C and lowest 17°C. Though, I've to say I've also replaced the stock cooler, I'm using a cheap siberian pro and I keep the case always open, there's a 140 cm fan on the front pushing air on the disk drives which makes quite a good airflow in the whole case even if it's open.
>>
>>54884615
I use Artic silver 5 because it's cheap. There are better pastes, but often times the performance gains are so miniscule that they are not worth the increased price. One thing also lasts a while.

I only reapply it on the north bridge on laptops, since that's cooled by the CPU heatsink oftentimes.
>>
mayonnaise
>>
I just use that generic piece of shit small yellow syringe that costs like $0.50

I don't even know if it's real thermal paste but hey it works fine.
>>
>>54884615
Whatever paste came with my hyper 212 evo
>>
the one that came preapplied on my CPU because it just werks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.