[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to use linux. Now I use Windows 10 What happens next /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (256 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
256 KB, 1600x900
I used to use linux. Now I use Windows 10

What happens next /g/?
>>
you get a job, a gf, and a life
>>
You'll have a good life.
>>
You rice your Windows 10 with chinese cartoons and pastel colors
>>
>>54883450
/thread
>>
You'll go back to Linux after Windows 10 catches you saying bad no-no words and pirating your MLP cartoons.
>>
>>54883438
A few pajeets break down your doo, fuck you in the ass, yet you feel nothing.

Because you are a faggot that uses windows 10
>>
>>54883564
Eh. I had a dual boot going on. But then suddenly grub vanished after a couple monts. So, fuck it

when i tried to fix or upgrade grub gave me sme cowsy error lol
>>
>>54883691
the upgrade to windows 10 did that I think. Restoring grub is extremely easy. You boot a live CD, chroot into your old distro, install grub and then run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg -- but if you didn't know that, I don't think you were a "serious" Linux user or at least not for a long time.

Enjoy your OS.
>>
>>54883715
nah I been on for years. I know how ot upgrade. just the live iso i used kept giving me some "cowsy" error shit. I only trie done live one though.

Anyway. I really don't care anymore. They both work fine and whatever.I have fixed grub a handful of times.

And thanks. I have been desu. Not shilling
>>
>>54883738
Aren't you worried about your privacy at all though? Honest question. Even if you don't fap to risque stuff or whatever, I would be very uncomfortable and uncomfy always suspecting that everything I do is viewable somewhere.
>>
you get cancer from horrible font rendering
>>
>>54883751
you can turn it off manually or use software that does it for you
I did not expect linux users to be illiterate while talking about internet/software
>>
>>54883782
You aren't the guy I'm talking to, so fuck off.

Having to turn off spy-features through third-party programs in your operating system is a huge red flag for me in the first place. But even then, you would be delusional or naive to think that you reliable got every little thing that might be used to spy on you permanently disabled with the golden super anti-spy tool.
>>
>>54883751
Not really. Yeah it annoys me a bit. I am not living at my own home right now. No worries. A bit annoying sure.I recently started plaing a bnet game .so maybe that sunk me in>>54883782
yeah that exists too. but there isno way in avoiding the true botnet lol aka doesn't work
>>
File: 2016-06-02_22-34-57.png (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-02_22-34-57.png
2 MB, 3840x2160
I prefer Windows
>>
>>54883450
>>54883480
Samefag
>>
>>54883801
there is, but it's really much effort to set it up. I was thinking about using hardware passthrough and a second GPU for Windows 7/10 virtual machine -- that way you get 95%~ of the orginal performance and everything is compatible.
>>
File: btfo.png (12 KB, 350x100) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
12 KB, 350x100
>>54883818
>>
>>54883798
i track my connection 0b gets send away
you are just illiterate go fuck of back to /v

you have to spend really just about 5minutes disabling it manually or go download tool that does it for you in seconds

implying you do not have to do more work in linux for it to work properly
>>
>>54883821
ah yeah you can go that route for sure. I am sort of anti WINE and VM. I mean not against VM but I just don't like usiing it it if I don't have to

but yeah windows 10 is botnet heaven. I know. I also have had a myspace facebook iphone etc for years.also amugshot. I am done did lol.
>>
>>54883835
Nice edit, mate
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-00-38-03.png (57 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-00-38-03.png
57 KB, 480x800
>>54883818
Not today
>>
>>54883842
>i track my connection 0b gets send away
Man come on, don't be obtuse! Yes, 0b gets send away -- at the time you are checking. Is this the case after the next security update? How do you know that some connections simply aren't exposed to ring level >= 1, and hidden in the Windows kernel?

> implying you do not have to do more work in linux for it to work properly
What do you mean by that? The Linux kernel/standard GNU software set isn't spying on me, and my internet connection autoconfigured itself.

>>54883853
Oh well then, I hope you are happy.
>>
>>54883872
>How do you know that some connections simply aren't exposed to ring level >= 1, and hidden in the Windows kernel?
Presumably he's checking at his router
>>
>>54883894
Ah ok, but I really doubt he's actually checking and seeing 0 byte traffic when his Windows machine is idle. Ah well.
>>
>>54883872
>The Linux kernel/standard GNU software set isn't spying on me
Yes, 0b gets send away -- at the time you are checking. Is this the case after the next security update? How do you know that some connections simply aren't exposed to ring level >= 1, and hidden in the Linus kernel?
>>
>>54883908
because everything is open-source you fucktard -- and especially Linux and the GNU coreutils soure code is read by hundreds of people.
>>
>>54883868
Nice element inspection you got there lad.
>>
>>54883872
Now I seriously doubt that you know anything about software or updates in general so there is no point .

and yeah linux is perfect,there are no driver,compability or other issues ever
You totally do not spend days to setting it up into usable state

i mean yeah if only thing you do is facebook then you can probably go with basic linux
but then you have 0 right to compaint about botnet.
>>
>>54883942
Woops meant to reply >>54883835
>>
>>54883926
hundreds of people STILL believe that world is flat
hundreds of people believe world is 4000years old
your point mr./v?
>>
>>54883926
You trust your package maintainers to not tamper with it then, or do you build everything yourself. Are you also suggesting backdoors aren't present in free software? Toppest kek
>>
>>54883926
>still peddling this argument
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/02/extremely-severe-bug-leaves-dizzying-number-of-apps-and-devices-vulnerable/
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/01/linux-bug-imperils-tens-of-millions-of-pcs-servers-and-android-phones/
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/critical-linux-vulnerability-imperils-users-even-after-silent-fix/
All of these were found after YEARS. Oh, and I could go on.
>>
>>54883944
> Now I seriously doubt that you know anything about software or updates in general so there is no point .
Ah yes, dismissing any argument I could make from the get-go, because you are scared that you would have to lead a real discussion with someone more mentally capable than your little sister. And with such shit reasoning too...

> and yeah linux is perfect,there are no driver,compability or other issues ever
You totally do not spend days to setting it up into usable state

We were obviously talking about my experiences, yes? I never claimed that Linux was perfect, I just claimed it worked perfectly for me. There's a difference, genius.

> i mean yeah if only thing you do is facebook then you can probably go with basic linux
but then you have 0 right to compaint about botnet.
What?

>>54883964
I do trust them mostly, yes -- at least much much more than closed-source operating system who I have to specifically castrate to not spy on me by default (makes sense, right?). I'm sure there are some hidden backdoors in open source code that haven't been found yet -- but at least they _can_ be found, that's the important thing.
>>
>>54883978
>were found

My point exactly. Find something like that in Window's source code, and I'll be impressed. You simply don't know about them because you literally can't find them. Anyways, I'm done discussing with you retards.
>>
>>54883989
>I'm sure there are some hidden backdoors in open source code that haven't been found yet -- but at least they _can_ be found, that's the important thing.
Nobody's ever found ways to exploit closed software or found bugs and reported them to developers right?
Free software just makes it easier for malicious types to find holes and exploit them. You think everyone reading that source code is a goody-two shoes, freetard?
>>
>>54883813
>Opera and Chrome
>Musicbee instead of Foobar

top kek
>>
>>54883438
steve jobs will return from the grave and will put his deformed rotten hot little penis inside your tight aching anus and then you will install osx, buy an imac and iphone and ipad and ipad pro and macbook and apple tv
>>
>>54883813
>>54884026
Musicbee is more shit than iTunes on Windows.
>>
>>54884051
Not actually. It's a good player.
>>
>>54884008
>Anyways, I'm done discussing with you retards

Kek, now go back to your loonix and type since h4x0rs commands to open your anime videos
>>
>>54884102
+1
thumb up
you rekted him
:^)
winrar
topest kek
lulz
well memed
>>
>>54884124
Look how awesome I'm mom!
>>
>>54884180
> I'm mom

Found the Pajeet. Do us all a favor and fuck yourself away.
>>
>>54884185
>Do us all a favor and fuck yourself away.
Second pajeet Are found!
>>54884180
am i
>>
>>54883438
  ___  ____   __  __   ___  _   _      _      __  __    _    ____
/ _ \/ ___| \ \/ / / _ \| \ | | / \ | \/ | / \ / ___|
| | | \___ \ \ / | | | | \| | / _ \ | |\/| | / _ \| |
| |_| |___) | / \ | |_| | |\ | / ___ \ | | | |/ ___ \ |___
\___/|____/ /_/\_\ \___/|_| \_| /_/ \_\ |_| |_/_/ \_\____|

>>
>>54884185
kill your self nigger
>>
>>54884185
>Pajeet making fun of another Pajeet

Don't forget to poo in loo
>>
Dress up as a girl and suck some cock. Stick a butt plug in your ass while going about normie things like buying groceries. I been doing this for a while, and I quite like it. Its nice that I have a very feminine face and body. There are too many /G/entooman and not enough traps.
>>
>>54884231
Thanks, I'm trying to improve my English.
>>
>>54883438
Your computer restarts without your consent whenever you are doing something
>>
>>54883438
Now you can do something productive
>>
>>54884282
Post boipucci
>>
>>54883438
You turn around 360 degrees and moon walk back to lynnucks
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.