[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that hate services that require a phone number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 2fa.png (9 KB, 434x133) Image search: [Google]
2fa.png
9 KB, 434x133
Am I the only one that hate services that require a phone number to enable 2fa? Just give me the secret key motherfuckers
Examples are twitter, facebook, twitter
>>
>>54882508
*last one is twich
>>
Fucking hate that shit. And the ones that absolutely require the phone number just to REGISTER.

Also
>Channels on Twitch can choose to let you use the chat only if you have connected your account to Facebook
>>
And of course Google shitheads
>>
>>54882508
>facebook
>twitter

Well there is your problem. Stop using them, and making yourself a cuck in the process. Your life would be perfectly fine without them.
>>
Buy a YubiKey.
>>
>>54882508
They don't require phone numbers for 2fa. They require it so they can track and spy on you.
>>
>>54885729
Yes, for 2fa they only need the secret key, phone is completely irrelevant. If they want to spy or not I don't know

>>54883390
Haven't read into it, how can it be used for TOTP 2fa?
>>
>>54885760
They do it pretty much because customer preferences are valuable in this day and age.
Knowing what products you tweet about = $$$ for them
>>
>>54882508
h
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.