[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OWNCLOUD IS DEAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Arch-Pajeet jnr.jpg (679 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Arch-Pajeet jnr.jpg
679 KB, 1024x768
https://owncloud.com/owncloud-statement-concerning-formation-nextcloud-frank-karlitschek/
>>
Hahahahaa
>>
>owncloud
>$1.99

Can't they just slap ads on it to make it free for the mobile client ?
>>
File: Sergey-Brin-google-glass-7.jpg (192 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Sergey-Brin-google-glass-7.jpg
192 KB, 2048x1536
>>54879945
Come home.

https://drive.google.com/

In three months you won't even remember what an "OwnCloud" even was. You'll be surprised to find out you never even really wanted it, you only thought you did.
>>
>>54879945
>One of Frank’s criticisms concerned the need to strengthen the Community.
>we have been working on the creation of the ownCloud Foundation
>The Foundation’s board will consist of 7 members
>elected from the GitHub community, community users and one ownCloud representative.
I would have also bailed asap.
>>
>>54879945
so where is the issue?
>more choices since owncloud is being forked
>owncloud is reorganizing itself by closing american office
>owncloud commits itself to community edition
sounds like good news desu
>>
>>54879945
Owncloud is Dead. Long live Nextcloud.
>>
http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OwnCloud-Forked-To-NextCloud
>Nextcloud is a reboot of ownCloud, a new way of re-defining the balance into a more sustainable, open ecosystem with a single focus: putting users in control of their data.
>>
>>54880156
>slap ads
            _                 _
__ _ ___| |_ ___ _ _| |_
/ _` |/ _ \ __| / _ \| | | | __|
| (_| | __/ |_ | (_) | |_| | |_
\__, |\___|\__| \___/ \__,_|\__|
|___/
>>
>>54880156
The client is available for free on F-Droid.
>>
Rest in piss
>>
>Without sharing too much, there are some moral questions popping up for me. Who owns the community? Who owns ownCloud itself? And what matters more, short term money or long term responsibility and growth? Is ownCloud just another company or do we also have to answer to the hundreds of volunteers who contribute and make it what it is today? These questions brought me to the very tough decisions: I have decided to leave my own company today. Yes, I handed in my resignation and will no longer work for ownCloud, Inc
Fucking tragic
>>
File: 1411223219418.gif (3 MB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
1411223219418.gif
3 MB, 480x292
>>54879945
>using Cloud Station that's built-in to my Synology NAS
>has all the financial support it needs thanks to Synology hardware sales
>way easier to use than OwnCloud
>better performance
>mfw I'm laughing at all you faggots
>>
Open source crusaders just told the "community" to FUCKOFF

YOU LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.