[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRULY AMAZING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10
File: Selection_026.png (42 KB, 1217x279) Image search: [Google]
Selection_026.png
42 KB, 1217x279
https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/4m6ca2/lpt_set_a_shutdown_timer_in_windows_with_no/

Reddit discovers the command line and it immediately makes the front page.

Is this really what the world is coming to?
>>
>>54879926
Nobody uses command line, that's why it's a discovery
>>
>expecting a non-technical subreddit to know about command line wizardry
neck yourself
>>
Why would we care about a cancerous website
>>
>>54879926
To be honest, you shouldn't care that much about what a random dude in reddit does, and the attention he receives.

Love your life.
>>
>>54879955
Reddit is good anon
>>
>>54879955
Because you wouldn't be here reading these words otherwise
>>
>>54879926
>>54879954
Spotted the redditors
>>
>he browses reddit/LifeProTips
>he thinks we care what his redditor faggot ass thinks
>>
>>54879970
There is literally nothing wrong with being a redditor
>>
>>54879967
>>54879965
>>54879954
>>54879926
>>54879985

fuck off to reddit
theres probably a section on that website fror cringly shit, post it t there but not here you idiots
>>
File: reddit.png (380 KB, 1883x2237) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
380 KB, 1883x2237
>>54879926
>>54879954
>>54879965
>>54879967
>>54879985
>>
>>54879992
>implying /r/greentext and /r/4chan don't exist
>>
>>54879992
Nobody cares nerd, everyone here uses reddit.
>>
>dumb redditfags think we care
Kill yourself.
>>
File: image.png (11 KB, 436x488) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11 KB, 436x488
>>54879992
I will continue to shitpost in your threads and there is literally nothing you can do about it.
Stay salty.
>>
>>54880013
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>54880011
Then fuck off there, in your normalfag r9k hugbox thats full of fake screencaps
>>
>>54879943
filtered.
Actually if all the faggots could take a tripcode that would be great. A good solution to filter all the spam, shills and trolls on this board.
Keep using it
>>
>>54880033
I'm not op, you mong
>>
>>54880040
>using the redditword "shill"
>using the word "troll" after 2006

Just use a tripcode so I can filter your reddit ass.
>>
Why do you goys hate Reddit? It's literally /g/ with a different layout.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxPq0QmN5Is

dumb redditors
>>
>>54880067
>implying the quality of discussion on /g/ is anywhere near as good as reddit's
this site is good for nothing but memes
>>
>>54880040
Top lel, like I care you're too autistic to handle a tripcode.
>>
>>54880081
And this is why reddit retards are complete cancer. They think everyone here uses reddit and dump their cancer on 4chan. Thats how /v/ was ruined, too
>>
>>54880127
>unironically being a /v/irgin
opinion discarded
>>
>>54880127
using reddit as a measuring stick for 'normieness' as OP is doing is acceptable
>>
>>54880127
He's right tho, if you try to talk about anything you'll just get obliterated by poo in loo memes and other lincuck, wincuck etc etc memes
4chan is for designated shitposting and nothing more
>>
>>54879954
hey reddit
>>
>>54880186
Then make a good thread, not just "hurr my os is best os"
>>
>>54880212
>makes friendly linux thread
>guaranteed shitposting from /v/ and /pageet/
>>
>>54880212
It doesn't matter what kind of thread you make, there will always be memes
>>
>>54880146
>>54880160
>Hating reddit in the year 2016
We all have reddit accounts, stop trying to hide it.
>>
File: gondola.jpg (39 KB, 604x452) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
39 KB, 604x452
>use Reddit
>see something you don't like
>"haha 4chan friends look at these Reddit idiots!"
>continue using Reddit

I really want you to fucking leave this website OP, you are everything that's wrong with this site right now.
>>
>>54880013
Only tripfaggots do
>>
>>54880237
Nothing wrong with memes
>>
>>54880186
/g/ is the most reddit board on 4chan

Instead of downvotes you just type some stupid "pajeet" meme, boom, instant karma
>>
>>54880239

Dumb stormfag robot redditor
Did you know that many people are still called Adolf, and nobody cares? Of course not, you only do it for the edge.
>>
>>54880246
>>54880127
This site was never good
>>
>>54880212
Like this thread?
>>54863549

Out of 28 replies, only 2 are technical comments about the thread's subject. The rest are chatroom-tier shitposts.

Compare and contrast that with the discussion on HN:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11817721
>>
>>54880212

Making good theads won't make the community better. If everything devolves into shitposting or goes straight page 10.

Before in/g/rates used to tell shitposters and normalfags to fuck off instead of shitposting a thread into oblivion.
>>
>>54880253
4chan has no user accounts, dumb redditor.
>>54880273
Then lets make it even worse! Right?
>>
>>54879960
you're on the wrong website, son
>>
>redditors complain about the quality of posts there
>then they post even more trash because "it's all shit anyway and everyone should go to reddit anyway"

You literally cant make this shit up.
>>
>>54880328
This site was always shit stupid
>>
>>54880328
One man's trash is another man's (reddit) gold. I post memes because that's what I come here for.
Only a doublenigger thinks he can transform board culture without 7 proxies.
>>
>>54880342
Yes, because you're the reason it's shit
>>
>>54880359
Actually reddit is already transforming 4chan, thats why we have "generals" now
>>
>>54879926
Yes
People think the windows command line is something dark and mysterious, when it's actually a really shitty terminal that can't do much
>>
>>54880060
nobody on reddit knows what the word shill means
t. reddit user
>>
>>54880372
The /sqt/ general is good, it cuts down on pointless threads.

And it'd be nice if retards could read the sticky and not shit up the board with 'hurr durr I can't do research for myself, build me a gaymen peecee' threads.
>>
I did this shit as a kid.
>>
File: wsl.png (92 KB, 691x443) Image search: [Google]
wsl.png
92 KB, 691x443
>>54880393
>that can't do much
Ignorance like this is why /g/ is beyond redemption.
>>
what posesses a man to make aggressive, hostile posts about the most trivial things on this anonymous japanese animated entertainment forum? do they not have anything important to worry about? do they not have any reason to be positive? it's depressing to even think about the people who make these posts.
>>
>>54879985
Day of the rope when? I can't wait to kill redditors for fun
>>
>>54880489
And now you are part of the ship, part of the crew.
>>
>>54880543
hey you don't know e, go fuck yourslef normie pleb
>>
>>54880433
that's windows 10 with bash, not the windows command line
don't be retarded
>>
>>54880489
this is 4chan fuckface
I can make as big of a deal out of as little of a thing as possible
>>
>>
>the year is 2004
>online hodlums are spreading packets and virus
>lsass processes are being crashed on xp machines
>forced reboots are set with 1 minute grace period
>shutdown -a

thx for reading my blog
>>
>all of libbit is technology/windows/computer savvy

nice illogic there op
>>
>>54880670
that's it? that's all we can expect from the average person? that they are amazed that computers can run simple commands to perform useful and specific tasks?

this shit is going to be running our fucking world in a few years. computer knowledge will obsolete so many other methods of work, it's amazingly sad how little the average person/redditor (that trend younger, that SHOULD know this shit) knows about computing
>>
>>54880912
>Haha! I can install Linux therefore I know computers. Us nerds amirite?
>>
>>54880947
well, yeah

if your point is that average person doesn't know the first thing about computers I guess that using linux would make you a literal computer god
>>
>>54879926
The fact that you know about this implies that you visit reddit regularly.
kys.
>>
>>54879926
What happens when this faggot discovers task scheduler?
>>
test
>>
>>54881094
fuck off and stop ban evading you redditor
>>>/out/
>>
>>54881094
welcome reddit, have we been linked and upboated?
>>
>>54879926
Yes. Just look at that username in your image, for christ's sake, the poster is named "excelhelpneeded111".

I went to that place for the first time in my life a week ago because /dpt/ was shitting the bed and I wanted to know something. I have always hated reddit since it got big, moreso after the Shazbowl, and my opinion of that place hasn't changed one iota (probably got worse, honestly). I will say, though, that some of their learning forums have useful assets on them and the IG wiki could benefit from implementing some of their choices; might actually stem some of the "how do i lern program gee" posts in /dpt/ and /sqt/. That website should have 100% stayed as a link aggregator like del.icio.us instead of becoming an actual community.

I will also say that they do have people in the community who do know what they're talking about but they're heavily overshadowed by the majority, just like here (please don't even think of lying to me about having a more knowledgeable community when half of the board is populated with crossboarder not-technology generals).
>>
Many subreddits are deathly afraid of 4chan users and shadowban anyone who gets linked to their subreddit with a 4chan referral url and then makes a new account.

Why doesn't 4chan do the same thing?
It could be simple.
>>
>>54881203
Do they really do that?
>>
This is why crossposters are cancer.
>>
>>54880040
If you insist
>>
>>54881311
it's something that arose during gaymurgate, lots of people were reportedly shadowbanned from some subreddits if they came in with a *.4chan.org referral link, even people with years-old reddit accounts.
>>
>>54879926
I remember writing .bat scripts that ran that in Windows XP and sent them to my friends, their panicking was always fun, good times
>>
>>54881407
Why are they always so shady about it? Why don't they ban people in the regular way?
>>
>>54881453
They do.
If a mod doesn't like your opinions, you get your posts deleted and if you don't write a paragraph insulting yourself and sucking their dicks emphatically, you get properly permabanned from their subreddit.
>>
>>54881515
What a fucking circlejerk shithole.
>>
>>54881453
every insufferable faggot you've ever met in your life thinks the way they do on reddit

mods really think they're the fucking prime minister of the solar system

"this guy isn't following my arbitrary rules set for no reason other than for me to stroke my microdick thinking about all these pawns being obedient, fuck hime!!! le downboat!!!!!"
>comment deleted

please stay away from that fucking shithole for your own sake
>>
>>54881539
Remember that you can make any subreddit that isn't already made, and you're the admin of it now. You could say this has already happened for every subreddit on the whole site. It's just like IRC in which you can register a channel and be level 40 OP forever, whole thing is just shitty power struggles for nothing and kick/ban/voice wars. The board topic in some of these cases doesn't matter and hasn't for a decade as they get nostalgic for 10 year old shitty posts and since new posts aren't the same 10 year old ones, then we enter a quantum bullshit state where a board of 10000 users doesn't have anything new posted in years
>>
File: 1445725589195.png (26 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1445725589195.png
26 KB, 396x400
>>54881515
>>54881614
>go to a subreddit where mods actually care about quality content
>shitpost
>get BTFO
>come to this cesspool and cry about it
pro-tip: it's time to re-examine your life
>>
>>54879926

it's almost like... people only use their machines to watch videos and use social media. Fucking a' right?
>>
>>54881654
It's almost like most people don't base their self-esteem on their ability to mindlessly follow instructions on a wiki.
It's almost like people care about accomplishing things in the quickest and most efficient way possible instead of wanking over arcane, poorly-designed user interfaces.
>>
>>54881453
Shadowbanning is "more effective" for someone that's hot and ready to just make another account because it takes some amount of time for them to figure out they've been banned. There are video game versions of this wherein your guns will do normal damage and get people down to 1HP or whatever but can't kill them and you just keep thinking you barely failed to kill them and try again while everyone whales on you and you rage. It it just says UR B& then you know right away to log out and make a new account
>>
>ITT retards
A community with millions of users includes lots of people who aren't tech-savvy. Who would had though, right ?
And gamergate faggots deserved to fuck off, same thing happened here.
>>
>>54881691
>be too good at an FPS
>get constantly reported by sore loser kids
>get shadowbanned for being too good
>he thinks this is acceptable behavior
>>
>>54881539
I dunno man. This kind of behaviour is something I've become accustomed to. I remember a while ago I showed some guy on /his/ that his definitions of liberalism and conservatism were just made up strawmen, and conflicted with actual dictionary definitions. I got temporarily banned for "shitposting." On /tg/, I got banned for a week for posting "banned text" when I was pointing out plotholes in someone's game. On Facebook, I used to talk with a bunch of activist-type people about these anti-abortion bus ads that have literal aborted foetuses on them. I never disagreed with the group, but my posts kept getting deleted and then plagiarized by the group admin.

People are fucking petty everywhere. I'd be surprised if there was a place this sort of shit never happens.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>54881748
I meant if you were obviously hacking but yeah far too many pc games have always been like reddit wherein if you're too good everyone just makes shit up about you and you'll be gone soon

I always have issues with people not being able to believe I can press a button this quickly. They always spout
>MACRO
>SCRIPT
When I was a kid I had mario tennis on gameboy color and to get the gold racket you had to hit A 150 times in 10 seconds. With single fire guns in games that allow you to press as fast as you want, it's usually 7-9 per second but just for two seconds. Nobody online can ever believe even this.
>>
>>54881811

Maybe it's because their mechanical cherry blue memeboards can't actuate the key that fast and for them, 7-9 keystrokes per second is literally impossible.
>>
>>54879926
This is the best thing I've seen on this board
>>
>>54881784
/tg/, /co/, and /vr/ are chock full of even bigger autists than people make /g/ out to be. /vr/ in particular is hilariously bad and circlejerky, if you even politely disagree with a thread like, "hey guys, I've never really liked this game, but can maybe someone tell me what you all see in it?" it will be deleted in less than 5 minutes. Doom threads are especially shit, just mention you like brutal doom or in fact any fucking mod made after 2003 and you'll get a ton of replies about muhpurity and in 10 minutes it'll be gone. Flashcart threads are the worst. These boards are basically reddit with a different theme.
>>
>>54881849
Everyone universally agrees that those are the worst boards on 4chan because their resident mods are so moody and inconsistent.
On /co/, you can get banned just for posting certain cartoons.
>>
File: Copy_Paste_2.gif (12 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
Copy_Paste_2.gif
12 KB, 193x245
>>54881836
Oh heck no, I meant left mouse button.

I also get a lot of complaints from soundwhoring, I do admit I am soundwhoring but other people don't even know what that IS - they're playing it on 2.1 and call everyone else cheater when they get prefired as they were sprinting through a hallway entering a door.

Another easy thing people miss bigtime is they put max graphics settings on fucking intel integrated graphics. Not even going to get into things you can turn off to more easily see people through CVARs, but they're not even getting 15 FPS in some cases, everything is a blurry mess for them and they wonder why they can't hit shit.

While back I was in a server of 30 people on a shooter and the topic of graphics cards came up and I was the ONLY ONE of the 30 who had anything above integrated. 90% of everyone else was intel and the other 10% was the almost cat shit tier integrated from nvidia or amd they put on expensive gaming motherboards. I had a 660Ti at the time that wasn't even worth much since it was old then. Entire time I was there and killed someone it was
>Did you install that graphics card yourself, nerd?
>>
>>54881650
>4chan is a cesspool
>mods actually care
>implying the mods on reddit aren't abusing their power
WEW
>>
>>54881407
>>54881453
These two posts are not related, yet they spurred the conversation in an off topic direction.

Were one of them ( or both ) made by a bot to steer conversation?
>>
>>54882051
>everything is a conspiracy
I must be a bot too
>>
>>54882789
i'm definitely a bot
all i do is post cute anime girls and ERP on /s4s/
>>
>>54882807
to answer your question though

>>54881203
seems to be an intended reply for
>>54881203

>>54881407
is related in the sense he fooled his retarded friends and those same sort of retarded people put this easy shit on the frontpage because "lifehacks" are all the rage nowadays

/autismbomb
>>
>>54882842
>I am a fucking turbo idiot, the post

>>54881203
>>54881453

>...I'll just leave
>>
I remember setting a shortcut that does that with a timer of 5 seconds and giving it the halo icon and putting it on a bunch of school computers. (I also distributed halo on those computers)
>>
It's still more technical than half the shit on /g/.

>hurr durr I carry a watch every day gaiz XD

Glass house, don't cast stones, etc

Also: it pretty sad that thanks to your own hypocritical ass, it ended on the front of /g/ too.
>>
>>54882924
You have to be 18+ to use this website.
>>
>>54883207
If it were that easy to get them to leave /g/ wouldn't be so shit. /v/ would probably be virtually empty.
>>
>>54883207
So why are you here?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.