[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Tools for the Far East
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: olpc_Cambodia.jpg (62 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
olpc_Cambodia.jpg
62 KB, 300x400
Dear /g/,

My sister is running off to Cambodia to teach English. Setting aside the issues of her foolishness and my failure as a brother, I want to set her up with some tech before she leaves. She was thinking of dropping 500$ on a tablet, but I talked her out of that stupidity and she's on board with getting set up with a refurbished laptop running a GNU/Linux distribution.

My plan is to hook her up with a refurbished X220/230 convertible (350 CAD) running xubuntu, an encrypted drive, tor, and a multiboot stick with xubuntu (for recovery), and tails (in case she needs to commandeer someone else's PC). I have no experience with tails, so I could be completely off base with that.

Could you guys offer me some other suggestions for tech to give to a normie before they fuck off to Southeast Asia? I plan to give her a README for all this shit. What should I put in it? Can you offer me some other suggestions so that she can always get in touch with me?
>>
File: IGN.png (115 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
IGN.png
115 KB, 350x350
>>54879351
>GNU/Linux distribution

why?
>>
>>54879368
Because windows is for faggots, faggot.
>>
>>54879351
If she's stupid enough to go to cambodia to teach english, what the fuck makes you think she cares about
>muh M$ botnet
you're projecting your insanity onto her
>>
>>54879351
She's going to get raped hard
>>
>>54879456
She works in kitchens, carries a knife, and doesn't look that good anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of girls easier to rape than my sister.
>>
>>54879491
It doesn't matter, sluts are sluts
Enjoy your half-breed nephew
>>
>>54879555
I'm aware.

She'll abort the damn thing if she has to.

Should I just not hook her up with a laptop?
>>
>>54879351
>running a GNU/Linux
why would you do this to her you fucking autist.

and let her have the tablet. she knows what she needs. Especially for someone travelling, unless she has to type for work, she doesn't need a laptop.
>>
>>54879351
>GNU/Linux
>Using tor on what's going to be an ready terribly slow connection

This is the most autistic shit
>>
>>54879351
>>54879424
>>54879368
what this guys said, im glad you made her save some doolaridoos but dont push it so hard, just give him a cracked windows 7 with a pirated office 2010 and set her everything well so she can make video calls regularly, dont be an autist
>>
>>54879351
Is this a pasta?
>>
>>54879351
she's going to be raped. sorry to tell you, anon. better say good bye now because she more than likely won't return
>>
>>54879351
>could you guys offer me some other suggestion for tech to give to a normie

Yeah. Don't so anything you're planning on doing you fag
>>
All I wanted was for my sister to be free! You fuckers are gay.
>>
>>54880018
>>
File: 1462924705251.jpg (227 KB, 900x604) Image search: [Google]
1462924705251.jpg
227 KB, 900x604
>>
File: 1462596211830.jpg (57 KB, 641x425) Image search: [Google]
1462596211830.jpg
57 KB, 641x425
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.