[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good fans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1115331.jpg (44 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
1115331.jpg
44 KB, 480x482
I want to replace the 140mm fans in my Define R4 with PWM ones, but it's really hard to find good ones.

They should be silent, but still a little efficient and also make no weird noises. Also they shouldn't cost a fortune.

What I already checked_
bequit silentwings
>Extremely expensive
>rather weak, only up to 1000rpm

Noctua
>expensive as fuck

Does anyone know some good ones which are cheaper than these? I'm currently thinking about the cheap Noctuas, like pic related.
>>
File: fans.png (231 KB, 1367x944) Image search: [Google]
fans.png
231 KB, 1367x944
And here is a list of fans I'm currently looking at
>>
You know the only purpose a fan has is to push colder air in, and warm air out. Weak fans work fine if the blade design is effective

Also fuck you
>>
>>54875683
Tell that to my fans which are rattling and don't go run under 800rpm on my new ASUS board...
>>
check out phanteks 140mm fans, they come in a variety of settings and are basically only bested by noctuas fans.
i have 3 ph-140mp's in my case and they're really quiet but they're specifically designed for radiators.
>>
>>54875648

check SPCR fan reccomendations
>>
>>54875648
Just buy noctuas they aren't even that expensive, they're on sale on amazon constantly. You cheap fuck.
>>
>>54875648
Don't bother with PWM for case fans. They are made for heatsinks because the temperatures of CPU and GPU can fluctuate wildly.
Get Antec Truequiet fans which has a switch to lower the RPM.
>>
>>54875710
I assume you are german, so you might get your hands on Fander fans, with manual reguation, they make them 120mm and below.
>>
>>54875648
Fractal Venturi for intake and be quiet Silent Wings for exhaust
>>
>>54875648
You will not find better fans than pre-installed in R4. That's retarded decision. Buy a fan controller or make yourself a 7V or 5V adapter - or buy aftermarket adapters if you are too retarded to make one by yourself.
>>
>>54875648
EKL Alpenföhn Wing Boost 2 140mm, Snow White Plus

as good as bequiet silentwings 2 for cheaper and better aesthetics
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.