[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna buy a cheap ass vidya card as a placeholder while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm gonna buy a cheap ass vidya card as a placeholder while I wait a few months for the 480/1080/1070 dust to settle, and prices all across the market to tank.

What's the best but cheapest CPU I could buy to pair with this mediocre placeholder vid card (probably a GTX 480 or similar around $50) that will still be relevant and satisfactory if later I decide to throw an RX 480 in there?

I want to spend as little as possible and strike a middleground between not being total ass but also not having to care much if it's a bit outdated compared to the RX 480 since it's not going to make as much of a difference as the vid card.
>>
>>54874317
Probably a Pentium G3258. I'd almost say a modded LGA771 Xeon, but you wouldn't be saving much and you'd be stuck with something incredibly outdated.
>>
>>54874373
Seconded.
Atleast that way you end up with a modern socket and an upgrade path.
>>
Why would CPU prices drop?
>>
Newer pentiums.
Sub 100$ cost for decent performance
>>
>>54874373
>>54874478
Sweet, I didn't realize the G3258 and Haswell i5's etc. shared the same LGA 1150 socket. Definitely gonna go with that.

>>54874549
I meant GPU's lel
>>
>>54874373
how about i3 skylake?

pretty much game these days get benefit from 4 threads, not to mention the i3 skylake is overclockable too
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.