[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old android devices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: htc.jpg (34 KB, 580x362) Image search: [Google]
htc.jpg
34 KB, 580x362
So i have this old Htc running 2.21. It basically works as a phone but other than that everything is shit. (can't even connect to the market)

i was wondering if there was a way to turn it into a fully working mp3 player, without having to use the android UI and then use a music app.

could i remap the haptic buttons or the optical mouse to act as basic mp3 players functions (previous, next, volume control ect) ?

not really tech savvy and all but i can understand what's going on don't worry
>>
>>54870612
>Rockbox.org
says its unstable so yeah, might be shit, might not even work
>>
>>54870660
says "unusable", fuck me, can't even read
>>
>>54870660
they say on the website that it's unusable with adroid devices
>>
blump
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-s-captivate.jpg (113 KB, 1127x920) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s-captivate.jpg
113 KB, 1127x920
Still got my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate and I'll keep it forever probably. Damned thing is awesome to this day and with the Wolfson DAC in it + VoodooSound there ain't many devices out there today that can match it for pure audio quality.

Fucking love this thing and still think it's honestly one of the best smartphones ever made. The design of it is classic and just awesome.

Handles my 64GB microSD card loaded with audio files with no issues, replacement batteries are still available for like $7 and it just keeps going. Even after all these years it has *zero* burn in on the SuperAMOLED display as well.

MCLOVIN' IT
>>
Maybe start here: Pretty Good Music Player Launcher Mode (Music player running as launcher) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.smithdtyler.prettygoodmusicplayer.launchermode
>>
>>54870612
>can't even connect to the market
No shit
>>
>>54872668
what is vodoosound actually doing ?
>>
>>54872884
it doesn't work, shame because it sounded good
>>
>>54873153

It enables some aspects of the Wolfson DAC (including a significant boost in available headroom) that the default Android drivers aren't capable of doing.

Basically there's a big huge difference between just normal audio out and having VoodooSound enabled on that device (which it was originally created for by supercurio - don't confuse it with other "Voodoo Sound" tools as there is only one true VoodooSound. It doesn't apply to newer devices anymore but it sure as fuck makes all the difference on any Galaxy S (1st generation) devices.
>>
Its a cache issue or something but you can always download the APK of any said program
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.