[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to help out a friend with his first pc build and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: prisma.jpg (89 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
prisma.jpg
89 KB, 630x400
I am trying to help out a friend with his first pc build and he wants something that can play and record Triple A titles for around 500-600 dollars us what would you guys recommend i have an idea but i am not to sure if i am looking at it in the right way.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/G3d7Yr
>>
>>54868638
if hes on a 500-600 dollar budget then why the fuck is he buying intel?

Also shit cpu...will bottleneck severely. And overpriced Motherboard.

to be frank however it seems even with this build you have cash left so invest in a slightly less shitty CPU/GPU...pirate windows for savings. Also consider overclocking if he's going to play AAA games...more bang for buck and all that.

Now I have a decent gaming rig I setup for less than 300 so I damned well know you can do better than this.
>>
>>54868638
get a gtx 1080, a raspberry pie, and a 16gb flash drive
>>
>>54868638
Also to help your budget constraints consider buying a cp[u/motherboard combo. Quite a few places do those. Buying them seperatly costs a bit more. use extra for a better GPU

Mind you I use the same GPU myself But I have delusions about its abilities, and it's not quite AAA title worthy. It's a damned fine card for the money, but with a bit more you can do much better
>>
the original idea was http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kJ2D4C
but then he said he wanted intel
>>
>>54869138
also he already got the 750 ti from a friend
>>
>>54869129
if you have a microcenter where you live do this
>>
>>54869138
meh...intel...

but whatevs if thats what turns his crank I suppose. You can still do a bit better than that.
here try sites like this:
http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

and there are plenty other places to find bundle combos. but thats a start that can help shave a few bucks off the total cost.

If its a budget gaming PC he's after You'll wanna put every extra penny into the graphics card.

The original idea is significantly stronger IMHO but still we can beat a dual core pentium.
>>
>>54869158
if hes got the 750 ti already invest that extra cash into a better CPU then...he can always buy a better graphics card later right?
>>
Also now that I think of it you can likely shave a few extra bucks off by swapping the 2400 ram out for some 2100 stuff. unless its an APU setup you likely wont notice a damned bit of actual difference.

I mean think of it this way, If he was gonna run a A10-7850 APU or something then sure that lil bit of extra speed will make a night and day difference in either a straight up APU or dual graphics system.

but if hes going dedicated graphics card and CPU, he can save a few more bucks on the ram and put it towards a better CPU or GPU and be far better off. They are both plenty fast but outside of an APU setup most will be hard pressed to tell the difference.
>>
>>54868638
can't you read the sticky you manchild? http://www.logicalincrements.com , use that as your guide, now fuck off back to reddìt
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.