[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5389d6c83021c316172e984fd80f3ba7.jpg (430 KB, 1143x1143) Image search: [Google]
5389d6c83021c316172e984fd80f3ba7.jpg
430 KB, 1143x1143
Hey /g/, I'm looking to get rid of my stupid iPhone since I'm starting to hate it after a switch to a new carrier, but I'm looking for a android device that will suit a good amount of capacity (16 GB or greater). Does /g/ know if there's any technical advice on what kind of android I should look to get when I switch away the iPhone?

I'm looking to see if a Samsung Galaxy S5 is a better option, but after hearing the marshmallow update has came in, is it worth a shot trying to get a Android at this time, or should I wait to find a phone that might be better?

I just want to specifically know what kind of Android phone I should get despite ignoring the marshmallow update that might come with it, as I'll look to fix it on my own if it comes with it.

But as regarding that update from the news I've heard, will a Russian language input now be available for most Android devices?

The pic's unrelated, as it was part of my iPhone wallpaper, and it is currently my iphone's wallpaper right now. It might be part of my android eventually, but who knows when?
>>
/g/ will tell you to get some $200 budget piece of shit, or some chink phone. Don't, they'll feel like laggy pieces of shit compared to an iPhone. Get something new and at least with moderately high specs.
>>
>>54868238

I used to own a HTC first from ATAT before I switched and from some asshole in high school broke it. Went to the mall for a repair so I can seek restitution later, but I was advised not to get it repaired, though it met what I was looking for, so I'm looking for something as good as that.

I've been seeing a lot of bad news on the marshmallow update, so I'm looking for advice on this as well, but since I've had more experience with Android rather than iPhone, I'm thinking android would do better and be less self sensitive to their policies on their app store.

I was look specifically for new as well, but I forgot to mention that, so I thank you for that. Is there any good ideas for what kind of android phone you might have for me to get besides Samsung Galaxy?
>>
>>54868213

/g/ is not tech support.

>>54868238

By good specs, how do you define good specs, most android phones are commercially advertised, right? Isn't it better if you see it on a commercial and look at the system information other sites provide?
>>
>>54868329

Dude are you for real, do you know the definition of tech support?

"Technicial support" vs "Technical advice", know the difference?

Tech support is asking how to get something fixed or asking someone on how to get a computer or device fixed.

Technical advice is asking for advice, but is under a different category. I'm only asking what kind of Android Phone is best for me to get, I'm not specifically asking for help on getting something fixed involving technology.
>>
>>54868213
Would recommend anything that has a removable battery and SD card storage. I have a G4. Its really good and it was half the price of a Samshit flagship or iBrick.
>>
>>54868213
I just switched last week(HTC 10 Verizon) and I'm pretty pissed with the amount of bloatware/spyware on this shit. Why do I need a NFL process running in the background, so some silver light cookie can be picked up from a nearby TV? Wtf is this crap?
>>
>>54868213
>touchwizz
>better
no
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.