[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demonsaw 2.7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 2ZkpwpH.png (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2ZkpwpH.png
212 KB, 1920x1080
Why do you not use it yet /g/?

It's not P2P (Peer-to-peer)
It's not I2p (Invisible Internet Project)

https://demonsaw.com/
http://wiki.demonsaw.com/
https://demonbucket.com/
http://diau.net/
>>
Less than a week of usage and it's already one of my top considerations for sharing any type of data (for the use of privacy AND security, on top of DS being a clean application {anyway} overall). Not to mention the founder of Demonsaw is probably the most dedicated programmer you'll come across.. Works day and night for the up-coming v3.0

>inb4 am dev
>>
What makes this better than freenet?
>>
what stops the mafiaa from running their own hub and logging all ips?
>>
Anyone can run a network. If you don't trust and that work don't use it. run your own.
>>
>>54867786
Do you happen to know what p2p means?
>>
freenet requires you to store data that is not yours and host it for other people. Demonsaw doesn't require you to post or share any files you don't want to. you can leech to your heart's content. In short you control all your network. traffic.
>>
>>54867786
free network wires you to store and host and transfer files that are not your own. Demonsaw doesn't require you to share or host any files that you don't want to. you can reach to your heart's content. no ratios no bulshit. in short you get to control your network traffic. and if you don't like the network you're on you can host your own. LAN or WAN it doesn't matter.
>>
>>54867893
don't use networks you don't trust. If you don't trust anyone host your own.
>>
>>54867982
>>54868055
The data you host is encrypted. You or the fbi will never know what's there. A small price to pay for total anonymity but worth it imho.
>>
Feel free to sandbox it, Wireshark it, and try to backwards engineering. It doesn't make any connection you don't tell it to. I've been in network security for 30 years and I love it.
>>
>>54868082
Hey man if that's what you think freenet works for you, good luck. Can freenet do 3MB per second download?
>>
>>54868140
>Hey man if that's what you think freenet works for you, good luck. Can freenet do 3MB per second download?
n-no
>>
>>54867893
I don't think you realize how in-significant the information they will be able to obtain is..
>>
Only complaint I have is the limited features in the android version but I'm sure they will add file sharing to it eventually.
>>
>>54867563
>Alienware-like logo
>Alienware-like product

kys
>>
>still no whitepaper on the protocol so others can implement their own clients
>still no open-source code to allow for 3rd party audits
>already sold the development company to a conglomorate

Nice NSA honeypot. I think I'll stick to tried and true torrents and DC++.
>>
>literally proprietary
You couldn't think of a more damning reason to not use it.
>>
Whats wrong with DC++/ADC?
>>
>>54870180
being sold and being acquired are two entirely different things. Technically it's a merger. and it's because of that merger that a third-party audit is now affordable. you think it's an NSA honey pot? You realize you can run the software has your own isolated Network and check the network traffic to see if it tries to call out anywhere you haven't configured it to. Do your research before posting nonsense. As for it not being open source. Can you read C++? Because if not it doesn't matter. It took 8 years to find SSL 0 days. ds is over forty thousand lines of code. Good luck
>>
>>54870522
>haha it's not open source since you're too dumb to read code

Do you know how silly you sound right now NSA shill?
>>
when the topic of open sourcing comes up it always makes me think... Everyone says they want it to be open source so that the code can be looked at for security holes but the first thing everyone actually does is steal the code and put it into their own projects. open storage doesn't mean it's more secure. in fact if it was open source and certain measures weren't in place it's entirely possible that the NSA could create a poison router that could compromise a network. sometimes something being proprietary can be safer. I'm probably less than a quarter of the people that want project open sourced can actually read code and understand what they're looking at. the other people just think that open source is a buzz word that means security and free software.
>>
But how would it protect vs CP or could it even?
>>
yep NSA shill 100% Illuminati confirmed. because the NSA has nothing better to do with your tax dollars than 2 come on this god-forsaken website.
>>
>closed source centralized message hub
>a good idea
>>
>>54870743
and unlike many of the other options out there you can actually run your own. Over Lan or Wan
>>
Nice thread, shill.

/g/'s sticky is literally Stallman and you come to market us some proprietary crap.
>>
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but DS can punch through corporate firewalls like they were nothing so that you can download stuff at work. or upload... just don't share the entire C drive... anyway yeah it just looks like encrypted web traffic. Good old Port 80.
>>
>>54870522
yeah sure how would i find a port knocking setup in a system where i cant look into the source code?
knock all the ports randomly until i find it right?
retard there is no security through obscurity and only script kiddys think a system that cant be audited could be save. you cant even confirm that the package you get is compiled from the source.
>>
>>54870794
OK if that's how you feel then please don't use the software. We don't need people like you in the community. Back under the bridge! I wasn't trying to sell you shit. you don't think the technology is legit? don't use it.
>>
>>54870824
sorry I guess you didn't hear me earlier whenever I said a security audit is coming
>>
>>54870910
>security through obscurity
you cant confirm = its not proofable save
even if somebody else says so DS is shit simply because the source for a security software should always be verifyable safe

no source = no verification

visit some basic cs classes when you get the chance
>>
>>54870934
I've been in cyber security for 30 years pumpkin
>>
Wow this software is pretty interesting
>>
Huh, you guys weren't kidding about the shills.
>private and proprietary
This is oxymoron.
>>
>>54870952
Damn shame you wasted 30 years without reading privacy 101's.
>>
File: YotMDay262_10Oct[1].jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
YotMDay262_10Oct[1].jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>54870952
maybe as a cable monkey
>>
>>54870973
I got on this guy's software the other day and asked him point-blank about open-sourcing his project and he told me that he has plans to open source version 1.0 and version 2.0 after version 3.0 comes out. He also says that each version breaks backwards compatibility intentionally.
>>
>>54870992
What's hilarious about your statement is that you've likely read some of my books about cyber-security.
>>
>>54871015
How much are you paid by NSA? To still that hard...
>>
>>54871015
is this one of your books?
>>
>>54871044
literally all of the Monies
>>
>>54871015
What's really hilarious is your groundless claims. inb4 holier than thou, why would lie, etc, get fucked.
>>
>>54871124
Yeah I guess you're right nobody of any notoriety or worth would come here right.
>>
wiki.demonsaw.com/index.php?title=Demonsaw_FAQ

index.php

At least they know how to certifica... oh wait!
Trust me I'm an DS engineer.
>>
>>54871167
There's only inane comments here anyway.
>>
>>54871193
top kek
>>
What is it for though? It doesnt seem very anonymous considering the in/out channels are also tied together. One subpoena would catch possible leads on a good portion your clients.
>>
>>54871193

For those which are too busy their Site does not even work.

It also took me 3 minutes to figure out:

-You can span/join new nodes and kill the network
-You can destroy it with irregulatet announces and most probably hijack directly the client (i.e. dumb enough to feed the whole package instead of just the header)
-Perfomance issues with IPv6 packages from facked DNS servers for some reason.
-Not even gonna dissamble this shit it will fall apart before I look into it

You cannot prove me wrong as you do not have the [honey] source code. Thanks.
>>
>>54870180
Is DC++ anonymous?

I remember using it for downloading all types of stuff before everyone started using torrents instead. Like it was THE thing in my country for piracy.
>>
There can never be a security and anonymity with a proprietary software. It is literally impossible.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.