[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with the RX 480 set to absolutely rape nvidia senseless along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464800456-1116[1].jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464800456-1116[1].jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
So with the RX 480 set to absolutely rape nvidia senseless along with all the yet to be released cards being available in the next few months, I think I'm going to wait until the dust settles and prices tank to make a final decision on what I want to buy as a long term card.

In the meantime, I'm on a shit-tier Acer piece of shit laptop with a 760m that gets as hot as a broiler and stutters in CSGO (which incidentally is pretty much the only game I play atm). I've been wanting to bite the bullet for months now and sell this turd and build a cheap desktop, with a used average card as a placeholder until the new ones comes out.

Basically I'm looking for something ridiculously cheap, maybe $50-100 (so probably AMD?) that can run CSGO and maybe Overwatch. Yes, I'm a casual. What's the best price/performance pick of the old generations?
>>
With CSGO the sky really is the limit. Do you want 60fps? 80? 100? 150? 200? 300? 400? 500fps? Don't mean to be rude but it's a pretty shit question.
>>
>>54866703
Just a solid 60. I wouldn't even be mad if it dipped a bit below that, since currently I'm doing slightly below that anyway
>>
>>54866725

GTX 480 with a Core2 Duo @ 3GHZ with 4GB ram will probably run you over budget a little but will be comfy as fuck in CSGO
>>
>>54866769
Not the OP, but thanks for the advice :)
>>
>>54866769
Cool, I actually was planning on going even higher with the CPU & RAM but I guess since this is for short-term I could skimp hardcore and resell the parts later for roughly the same price (since by now they're antiquated and their market value has stabilized) no?
>>
Make sure your power supply has enough PCIe power connectors for the 480, it's a beast.
>>
>>54866909
no
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.