[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows mini xp from hiren boot cd stops loading on ROOT PNP0700.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: F8_safemode.png (43 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
F8_safemode.png
43 KB, 512x384
Windows mini xp from hiren boot cd stops loading on ROOT PNP0700. Are there any alternative programs for copying files via cmd or dos to a USB or external hard drive or dvd. I cannot access safemode or Windows recovery only windowshows install which doesn't detect my external
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
Will gentoo wipe my data. Will gentoo work

I'm just trying to save my files
>>
Have you tried something based on Windows PE?

Also, are you using USB3? Sometimes you'll need to load drivers to get that to work.
>>
File: windows7_3.jpg (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
windows7_3.jpg
24 KB, 800x600
>>54865081
This is as far as I can go. I can use the shift f10 cmd. But I can't go into repair computer.

I have my external plugged into my usb 2.0 drive and it's not showing up.
>>
>>54865081
I'll try windows pe
>>
>>54865123
This is Windows PE, just with an installer at boot.

Are you sure your USB 2 external is working? Do you have any other way of getting files to the machine while it's booted into Windows PE? There are some diagnostic tools you can use to figure out what's wrong here.
>>
>>54865199
I can copy files from my ssd to my 2nd hard drive within my computer. The usb 2.0 worked with my mouse and keyboard. I don't know if it's capable of detectingredients my externalife hard drivenough perhaps I'll try a USB flahard drive. I cannot even reinstall windows because it tells me my computer is MBR and isn't GPT. I heard the only way to reinstall is to delete all partitions
Well I don't want to format my 2nd hard drive with all my stuff
>>
>>54865199
What are some diagnostic tools? The reason this whole thing started is because I was told to run malwarebytes in safe mode because my computer was slower than usual and it's brand new. I did this by selecting minimal services safemode in msconfig. My computer wouldn't start ever since. It would bootloop. And I couldn't figure out how to change it back to starting normally.

The install Windows cmd does not allow me to run msconfig because it's a msi file.

I don't want to take it to the computer store that built it because I have a lot of pork on it.
>>
>>54865342
The diagnostic tools I was going to suggest would help you troubleshoot why your USB external hard drive wasn't working under Windows PE.

But it seems you just want to clean up your slow computer and were given a bit of an extreme start to doing it.

Boot the PC and hammer the F8 key after your BIOS logo. That should get you to the Windows Boot options where you can choose to Start Windows Normally.

Once booted, run ADWCleaner. Then reboot and run MalwareBytes normally. Then run the antivirus of your choosing.

If that didn't help, look at backing up your pork and reinstalling Windows.
>>
>>54865399
Start windows normally doesn't work it still starts in safe mode
>>
>>54865460
Try "Boot Last Known Configuration that Worked"?
>>
>>54865508
It only shows up when I use my cd

I'm hammering the menu doesn't come up
>>
>>54865544
It just keeps restarting in safe mode over and over and I'm bashing it at lightning speed

I only have enough time to pass f8 when I use the windows cd.

Last known configuration was the only way I could even run the windows cd
>>
>>54865544
Don't use the DVD.

Turn the machine off, not Ctrl-Alt-Del or whatever, and boot from a cold start.

After the BIOS logo disappears, press the F8 key once every second (doing it too fast could fill the keyboard buffer up making it miss your keypress).
>>
>>54865582
If you can't even boot the Windows DVD without using F8 you have bigger problems. Check your BIOS settings that Legacy Boot is on. If you can't figure out your BIOS settings, at least post a pic of them.

We are talking Windows 7 here, right?
>>
>>54865608
Everytime it restarts I see the msi logo appear I'm no longer booting from the dvd

I'll try at 1 second intervals. But my processor is the i7 6700k is it too fast?
>>
>>54865633
Take the DVD out dammit.
Your processor speed is not a factor here.
>>
File: 111111.jpg (2 MB, 4881x1449) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
2 MB, 4881x1449
>>54865697
>>54865629
yes okay im taking out the dvd
>>
>>54865819
That's not the BIOS settings. That's just a BIOS status panel.
>>
File: 22222.jpg (2 MB, 2601x2883) Image search: [Google]
22222.jpg
2 MB, 2601x2883
>>
File: 44444.jpg (250 KB, 1028x586) Image search: [Google]
44444.jpg
250 KB, 1028x586
>>54865842
>>54865842
I'm sorry. Is this it?

Tell me what you need and ill show you
>>
>>54865850
Sounds like you turned on UEFI and Windows 7 doesn't like it. Get into the BIOS configuration screens and look for that CSM.
>>
>>54865869
Read the fucking manual.
>>
>>54865869
If you wanna boot from the Windows 7 DVD again, make "CD/DVD: TssTcorp" the first option. Next up would be "Hard Disk: Samsung".

Put all those UEFI options at the bottom, or kill em. Windows 7 doesn't like em.
>>
>>54865915
He could just disable UEFI under boot mode select
>>
>>54865931
Good point. But I wonder if it will actually let him do that...
>>
>>54865915
Okay so I should do a switcheroo. Okay.

It's just that I didn't build this computer. The computer store made it for me this way. Could they have possibly made it UEFI first? Or did I somehow change it? Will do now
>>
>>54865931
There's only two modes

1) UEFI
2) Legacy + UEFI

What does that mean?
>>
>>54865964
Read the manual that came with the main board, or download it as a PDF from the MSI website
Seriously
Also XP might not boot on that computer because it's missing drivers
>>
>>54865964
It means you can't disable UEFI booting. Which sucks.
>>
>>54865995
Not really. As long as you're using the legacy menu option to install, there are no consequences
>>
>>54865003
yes, use f4ubcd, I find minixp works better there than last version
>>
Changing from u efi to normal allowed me to use Windows recovery and change bcdedit . I got rid of alsace mode and it works. Thank you so muchhh
>>
I turned off safemode minimal in bcdedit something that I couldn't access before

Thanksgiving youuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
I had 32 Trojan my cousin usage is OK now
>>
File: Works on my system.webm (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Works on my system.webm
2 MB, 1024x768
works on my system
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.