[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
120fps stereo 3d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: spiderman-toby.jpg (112 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-toby.jpg
112 KB, 612x380
Sam Raimi - director of spiderman - just did a movie in 120fps 3D stereo. Reviewers said it was "the most futuristic shit they've ever seen".

Is 120fps 3D stereo the future they say it is, or is it another dead evolutionary path, another Dodo if you will?
>>
>>54862796
so, you can look around as the movie plays? sounds like something targeting vr. it probably is the future, but nobody has the equipment yet
>>
>>54862822
No, its not VR, its stereo 3D but at 120fps
>>
>>54862836
whats the difference?
>>
Sauce?

Are they splitting that so it's 60fps to each eye or is it true 120fps?
>>
>>54863813
its true 120fps. My bad its Ang Lee not Sam I am.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ang-lee-120-fps-footage/
>>
>>54864073
>The results were spectacularly underwhelming
Fuck these assholes, the panning shots were beautifully smooth, and you could actually tell what was happening in combat shots.
>>
>>54864163
said nobody
>>
>>54863759
god damnit, anon you triggered me.
>>
Sounds cool. Hope I don't have to go too far out of my way to see it in 120fps

>>54864163
Agreed. Also I think the soap opera effect has more to do with lighting and cgi than anything inherent in higher fps filming. There was some shots of NZ scenery without lighting and cg that looked amazing.
>>
>>54864205
First result
>>
>>54864247
> Also I think the soap opera effect has more to do with lighting and cgi than anything inherent in higher fps filming.
the so called "soap opera" effect is the idea that daytime "soap operas" on american TV have bad acting and higher FPS somehow makes the acting in movies become worse, to a soap opera level. It's not a real "thing", just another buzzword
>>
>>54864276

Normalfags like HFR.

That's why pretty much every single highend TV sells that HFR interpolation as a feature and normalfags seem to enjoy it.
>>
>>54864288

Except those soap operas are broadcasted at 30fps.. not 60
>>
>>54864303
display smoothness isnt even close to real source HFR
>>
>>54864328
thats irrelevant, all that matters is that the acting becomes "soap opera ish" aka "bad" to some memers
>>
>>54864303
>every single highend TV sells that HFR interpolation as a feature
Fuck I hate that fake framerate boost. To me, it looks like the video is speeding up and slowing down all the time.
>>
>>54862796
>120fps
>stereo
>3D

What in the fucking world are you on about

>stereo = audio
>fps = video
pick one. Even then the eye can only accurately see 30 FPS on average and anything over starts to give headaches.
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (12 KB, 224x226) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
12 KB, 224x226
>>54865923
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.