[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on graphics cards, /g/. I am going to set up GPU passthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1463631796861.png (415 KB, 646x438) Image search: [Google]
1463631796861.png
415 KB, 646x438
Redpill me on graphics cards, /g/. I am going to set up GPU passthrough from my main machine.

As far as I have noticed nvidia is /v/ approved while amd is /g/.
What company should I waste my money on? R9 Fury or GTX 980?
>>
Wait until the end of the month.
The RX 480 will be 200 dollars and it looks like it will be between 390 and 390X in terms of performance.
Don't buy the previous generation cards just before we get the new generation.
>>
>>54862147
Unless you get a used one on the cheap from craiglist or some shit.
>>
Asking for a redpill from /g/? The fuck are you doing?

These dumb assholes are just going to get in to a shit-flinging contest. The fact that one is /v/ approved and the other /g/ should be telling enough that these retards know jack shit. Have you looked at other threads in this place? There are people who thread-hop for the express purpose to leave a dissenting remark or comment.

Believe nobody in this fuckin echo chamber.
>>
>>54861988
>GPU passthrough from my main machine.
With what? Not all cards work with ESXi, for example. Only some nVidia Quadros, some AMD FirePros, and some consumer AMD cards.
>>
Nvidia drivers detect you're running them in a VM, and refuse to work.

There's workarounds, but you get worse performance with them.
>>
>>54862147
/thread
>>
>>54861988
>Redpill me
Kill yourself you worthless mongoloid.
>>
>>54862413
>Didn't answer the question
found the real mongoloid
>>
>>54862316
fuck you an suck my dick, shit posting away.
>>
If you'd even consider listening to the fags on /v/ then you're autistic enough to go by a R9.

AMD is life, wait until pascal support.
>>
Will the Zen iGPU do 4k 60fps HEVC?

That's all the GPU power I need.
>>
>>54864599
Zen won't have one. You'll need a Bristol Ride or Summit Ridge APU for that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.