[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coworker just gave me his old Zune for no reason. Is there anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 2345324545.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2345324545.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Coworker just gave me his old Zune for no reason. Is there anything fun you can do to these things or is it basically trash? I loved my mini Zune back in the day.
>>
>>54860192
Not a whole lot, they were a solid media player.
I liked them, it's too bad microsoft forced you to only use the zune software.
I mean the zune software was fine, it just didn't run on mac or linux.
That and it used a special mtp so you couldn't just force it to use whatever program you wanted.
That and no youtube support on the ipod touch version of it doomed the zune.
>>
Shove it up your ass.
>>
>>54860192
If it still works then just use it?
>>
>>54860306
Did they get rid of the need for the Zune software? I was even able to put songs on an iPod touch with Ubuntu a few years ago with no problems.
>>
>>54860367
I don't see much reason to. I fell for the music streaming meme with Google Music.
>>
>>54860384
Yes and no.
Microsoft officially didn't, the zune brand is dead.
Zmtp has been cracked, you just need the key.
>>
If it works use it.

I own two 30gb brown zunes and to this day they are still my all time favorite gadget. battery life isn't what it used to be but I still use them both everyday. Zune software isn't perfect but is still pretty good, I like it MUCH better than itunes but its still not as easy as dragging and dropping to a removable disk

I use one permanently docked into my home stereo, and the other switches between my car dock and the stereo I use at work. the two devices are synced with the same library
>>
Also anyone know how the zune detect artists?
Whenever I use gmtp to transfer the music over to it they show up as unknown artist.
>>
>>54860513
I thought sound files had directories where you could put all the track data?
>>
>>54860513
I just list it in the id3 tag, zune seems to recognize that
>>
>>54860588
Not the software on the computer, the actual zune itself. It will pull most of the track data right, but not the artist.
Might have something to do with the fact that's a zune hd.
>>
You could install audiosurf on one of the models.
>>
File: 23524355.jpg (45 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
23524355.jpg
45 KB, 435x326
>>54860700
I miss all those shitty MP3 player games.
>>
>>54860700
>>54860753
It wasn't shitty, it was really good.
>>
>>54860700
The Zune HD had that, great port forever lost to Microsoft.
>>
>>54860450
>the two devices are synced with the same library
Over wifi too, the best
>>
File: brownzune.jpg (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
brownzune.jpg
34 KB, 480x480
brown zune was best zune
also it was cheaper, i think they didn't sell well
>>
>>54861404
I liked the models inbetween the shit brick and zune hd more
>>
Got a 30gb. Built like a fuckin tank. Still use it but not as much as I used to since getting a phone. Used to watch movies on it all the time on the shitter. Its how bttf became my favorite movie because it was the only thing on it
>>
>>54860192
I wish I still had mine.
I'll never forgive Microsoft for screwing up this brand.
>>
>>54861404
>that greenish tint around the edges, like its just starting to mold
>>
>>54860950
You can still get a hold of the old apps.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.