[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/ Just recently came into ownership of a Mac Powerbook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 227x222
Sup /g/

Just recently came into ownership of a Mac Powerbook G4 the hinge on the back is busted and I dont really want to waste money on repairs if the computer isnt worth much.

I'm wondering if I take it apart if the pieces will sell for more than the laptop as a whole. I'm more of a PC person so I don't know if selling Mac parts is common place or not.

Should I try to sell as-is after I wipe the hard-drive, should I try to repair the hinge at my local mac store, or should I take it apart?

Any info is helpful. And it would be great to get an idea on what prices I could sell things for.
Thanks.
>>
There is absolutely 0 market for Apple parts as the people who buy them rarely know how to work a light switch
>>
OP you should make a frankenstein desktop out of it.
>>
why would anyone want pieces from a g4? Its only worth it if you want it for yourself, most you'll be able to get for it is like $100
>>
>>54859232

That's sounds pretty neato. I could do that.... the thing is that I don't personally work well with the Microsoft interface.

Also I've only build one computer in my life. I mostly take apart laptops. (I'm a pleb and I know it.)

Any links or websites to help get me started?
>>
>>54859199
/thread
>>
>>54859295

I mean.... $100 isnt bad for me. I was thinking I could only get $50 out of it. Or at least I'd make a bid on ebay and start it at $50.
>>
>>54859297
the computer still has value. i have a latitude c600 someone just gave me. the screen is great but there are some keys missing, the battery is kill and networking is broke. id like to rip the bottom off and make a defunct nostalgia machine with a ps/2 keyboard and get the internet working.
>>
>>54859145
Draw an applel logo on the back of the lid and sell it to some iDiot for $500.
>>
>>54859145
you could do >>54859232 or sell it for about $40-$50 on ebay as a parts/use box for someone who will use it, plenty of people out there who would love to have some mobile PPC gear for whatever purpose

or you could just look up how to fix the hinge, never worked on TiBooks so it beats me as to how involved it is
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.