[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, quick question (I hope). I'm a Python developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: StarWhores.png (405 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
StarWhores.png
405 KB, 683x1024
Hey /g/, quick question (I hope).

I'm a Python developer using cherrypy, jinja2 and pymongo (and some other shit) to create a website. Thing is, I now need to host this website on some sort of server where I can actually run Python/Mongo shit on (I'm absolutely insanely noob when it comes to hosting). Running my own server is not an option as I'm remote as fuck so up/down is so bad it's almost a joke.

Any tips?

Note: It'll need to be scalable in case my website gets anywhere, as in power, speed and storage.

TIA.
>>
Get someone else to do it for you
>>
Use heroku, then you don't have to worry about anything.
>>
>mongo
>scalable
>hipster sjw dev buzzwords
I'd rather you don't put that piece of shit on the Internet.
>>
>>54854459
This boner honer .... what is her name??
>>
>>54854478
Yes, of course. If it comes down to it I would quite obviously need to do this. Is it so complex that this is already my only option?

I'm not exactly technically retarded, just not good with hosting stuff. I can learn quickly if pointed in the right direction.

>>54854494
Sorry, I work in a professional setting and I hear these words all the time. Pretty big business so I don't think it's really just hipsters, but I'll try to tone down the buzzwords.

It needs to be able to grow if my website gets better. I like Mongo, sorry mate.
>>
>>54854459
>>54854485

Yup seconded, use Heroku

I don't know if it has Mongo support but I would assume it does, it supports quite a lot of things

I've used it for a couple of PHP things and it works great
>>
>>54854485
>>54854513
Cheers, will check it out.
>>
>>54854508
I'm not sure I'm afraid, I just google'd "I am an image" and it was in there somewhere.
>>
>>54854517

Also with Heroku it is "scalable" in the sense that you can pay them money for more uptime and hits and whatever (on the free tier, your application is not running 24/7 but boots up when someone accesses it, then stays up for like 15 minutes or something. Which is perfectly fine for just hobby projects.)

ALSO - here's a protip. If you plan on putting a project on the web, think about how you will host it BEFORE you develop it so you don't find yourself up shit creek. Sorry if that sounds condescending, I'm just saying because I fell in that trap before.
>>
>>54854508
blackmilkclothingdotcom slash products slash i-am-your-father-swimsuit
>>
>>54854513
heroku has support for almost everything. the question is whether there are free "hobby" tiers for that thing. pretty sure mongo support has a free tier though.
>>
>>54854557
>If you plan on putting a project on the web, think about how you will host it BEFORE you develop it
I appreciate the advice but I have reasons and it's important I do it this way. I knew there would be options and it's now come time to explore them.

>>54854579
No worries, I will pay.
>>
Just get a VPS from somewhere reasonable.

Then if it takes off you can easily move it to a dedicated server or 2.

Then if it takes off more, you'll need to completely rewrite it anyway.
>>
>python

Fuck, the Pajeet alarm went off again
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.