[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>and card has supposedly good vr performance at 200$ >Vr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: phppf0iej.jpg (140 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
phppf0iej.jpg
140 KB, 970x647
>and card has supposedly good vr performance at 200$
>Vr Headsets are still 500$+
People arent going to spend so much money on VR
>>
>>54852573
AMD* card
>>
CV2. 2019. $350.
Any other stupid remarks, my dear uninformed consumer? Consider Googling it before you post here again.
>>
I did
>>
>>54852573
Only AMDrones are buying the "cheap for VR" line. The rest of us realize you don't buy a four cyclinder engine for your F1 racer.
>>
>>54852592
>2019
>>
Those cards will be used for developing with VR.
Nvidia will be used to play gaymes.
>>
In my opinion VR is really cool but i can't really see myself playing Cod on VR
>>
HTC and Oculus are pretty happy about this, making their equipment more affordable by making the required hardware cheaper.
>>
>>54852609
>mommy I want it NOW
Fuck off.
>>
>>54852649
>I'm going to spend $600 or $800 for a VR headset but cannot spend $400+ for my GPU
>>
>>54852601
>Implying Oculus and Vive will stay this expensive for long.
>implying no one else is busy making their own cheaper VR headset.
>>
>>54852668
>Implying Oculus and Vive will stay this expensive for long.
What competition is coming out in the foreseeable future? PS4 headset maybe competitive but limited to a different platform and coming with the PSNeo which is likely to be an even more expensive buy-in?
>>
>>54852652
>Implying that something will still be relevant in such a new market in 3 years
>>
I think smart phones being the brains will make people want to start using vr regardless of price almost. It'll make normal consumers feel left out by not having it
>>
>>54852680
Oculus and Vive are competition between themselves. Then you have the 50+ different headsets being manufactured in China, which will begin to flood the market in the next few months. They won't be as good or as feature rich as those two, but they will sell for easily half the price, guaranteed.
>>
>>54852828
I think the application of your smart phone turning into a giant vr movie theater is going to sell the mainstream. not to mention that in 2 years they'll be playing console games in vr with the same set up
>>
>>54852828
>Oculus and Vive are competition between themselves.
And why do you not see them keeping their prices high until the next generation of GPUs are coming out?>>54852828

>which will begin to flood the market in the next few months
[citation needed]
>>
>>54852843
The smartphone set up will never work for playing graphically intensive games, and those that require accurate and responsive head tracking, at least not in 2 years. I would be more confident in 5 years for that.

So the budget all-in-one VR headset will bridge the gap between smartphone VR and Vive/Oculus.
>>
>>54852668
>even comparing rift and vive

Dude, they're like two completely different machines. The rift is a prototype at best, it's full of deficiencies. The Vive on the other hand is well rounded and a much more pleasant and fleshed out experience.

I have both btw.
>>
>>54852880
I think you're going to be surprised by the next 2 years man, it's not a linear progression, the next 2 years equal about the last 4-5 years of cost/performance advances. I bought the best phone available 2 years ago and the phone I buy when my upgrade is available will be 40% more powerful at least, the next 2 years after that will be 40% more powerful, which is exponential from the whole 6 years. it's just the simple reality of it
>>
>>54852592
>$350
so we can expect it to be $700 at least?
>>
anyone got any idea where can i get a gyro that i could plugin to my phone and use it for VR? I need if only for 360 videos so if cardboard doesn't work with it i don't mind
>>
>>54852592
>2019
>Implying anyone is going to use 2016 cards in 2019

VR meme is stupid
>>
you mean poor people aren't.

You under estimate the amount of single dudes with a full time job and money to waste.

Like myself. In the next 18 months I hope to upgrade my gtx 980, get a top of the line 21:9 monitor, and get a vive.
>>
>>54852639

What if you used the headset simply to view a giant 3d screen, while using the controller in the standard fashion.

I think that would be pretty cool.
>>
>>54852665
Oh yeah I'd spend $1000 on VR instead of $200 less for literally the same experience, just so that I can shitpost on 4chan about "how rich I am"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.