[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the surface book /g/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Redpill me on the surface book /g/.
>>
the tablet part doesn't have a kickstand.

so if you take off the keyboard, the tablet has to be held or placed flat on something at all times.

do not buy.
>>
>>54848884
I'll only use the tablet in bed for shitposting and anime
>>
>>54848859
mobile i5 in a superlight tablet with modest battery
OR
mobile i5 2 in 1 with good battery, option for discreet GPU onboard

better keyboard than type cover, I'd say better than the Mac offerings as well.
>>
Overpriced consumer crap.
>>
what's a good laptop for ~$1200
>>
>made by Microsoft
Nothing else to say. Go ahead and buy a Chevy or Ford also and other American made crap that will break down.
>>
>>54849052
2015 rMBP. Unless you take memes here seriously and it's the worst thing ever made.
>>
it's shit
>>
>>54849052

Razer Blade Stealth, not even memeing. Your best bang for your buck new if you don't mind the Razer logo, which you could just cover up. Only thing is the battery life is slightly worse than the competition, but it's not horrid.

For $999 you get a 1440p display, i7 cpu, 8gb of ram, 128gb ssd, thunderbolt 3, 2 usb 3.0 ports, and it's thin too.

For $1200 you get a 256gb ssd and for $1400 you could get a 4k display, although that would probably reduce the battery life even more and is pretty unnessary. 1440p is already a lot for that size display.
>>
>>54848859
It's a tablet on life support.
People are reporting bugs that brick the system.
Screen disconnects sometimes take forever.
>>
>>54849846
>dual core
>>
>>54850123

Nothing wong with that

I guess I should've said best ultrabook for your buck.
>>
If Apple released the exact same product with their branding, /g/ would deride it for being way overpriced because used thinkpads are way cheaper.
>>
Kind of my dream laptop but I don't use mobile shit enough to spend the money on it.

I hope they come out with a slightly smaller, cheaper core M version next gen.

>12" form factor
>Cheaper ($800?)
>Better battery
>Better size for tablet
>No fans

If it can get up to 6-7 hours on a tablet and the keyboard gives it another 4-6 it would be killer.
>>
>>54850217
Pro 3/4?
>>
>>54850214
It already costs more than a rMBP equivalent.
>>
>>54848859
It's a tablet, iirc the one that scratches everything you put it on. Doesn't the hinge get oil on shit too?
>>
>>54849052
xps 15
>>
>>54848859
Its overpriced shit with a useless gimmick.

On the other hand the SP4 is quite good, but still overpriced.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.