[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys quick question concerning a Razer™ Product; Ignore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: mamba.jpg (101 KB, 884x786) Image search: [Google]
mamba.jpg
101 KB, 884x786
Hey guys quick question concerning a Razer™ Product;

Ignore the mamba pic I use the Deathadder, I just thought it looked cool.

Anyway, does the Deathadder 2013 and Deathadder Chroma use the same mouse feet?

I bought a fuckton of the official (and really expensive) 6mm replacement feet for my 2013 Deathadder and had to get them shipped from China to NZ, but now my 2013 is starting to fail (mouse 1 is registering inconsistently). I use my mouse mainly for FPS games so I wear the feet down quite fast hence the need for replacements.

So I just bought all these pads but now I need a new mouse but don't want to waste the mouse feet I have stockpiled. So can I use Deathadder 2013 feet on the Deathadder Chroma or are they a different shape?

Thanks /g/uys
>>
If you use razer products you deserve whatever bullshit is coming to you.
>>
>>54848573
Yes, but you should avoid the Chroma. It sucks and uses an inferior sensor to the DA2013.

Stop being a poorfaggot and get a proper mouse like a Zowie ZA11 or Ducky Secret.
>>
>>54848692
>Stop being a poorfaggot and get a proper mouse like a Zowie ZA11 or Ducky Secret.

The mice are almost identical in price. It has nothing to do with being a poor fag and everything to do with being a retarded cuck autistic sheep.
>>
God I honestly thought this was /b/ not /g/
>>
>>54848692
>It sucks and uses an inferior sensor to the DA2013.
It's literally the same sensor with a DPI upgrade.
>>
>>54848573
Why not use the superior mx518? 9 years going strong here senpai. That's on the original feet
>>
>>54848692
So it does use the same feet? Cool, thanks for the serious reply senpai

>>54848643
Yeah yeah yeah I know, but it's the first gaming mouse I bought and I like the way it feels regardless of the technical specs.

The reason I want to keep using it is because I'm so used to the way it feels in my hand and don't want to have to adjust to another mouse.
>>
>>54849098
penny to a pound you'd forget you said this in two days if you could just stick to it. Of course it will feel different for 15 minutes. Honestly I've almost returned mice but after I just got the fuck over it I usually forgot in a couple of hours.

Razer products are complete shit on purpose, they will break every 6-8 months no matter how well you take care of them.
>>
>>54849171
>>54848692
>>54848727

Yeah you're right, but the whole reason I want to get the Chroma is so I can use up all the feet I bought....

No way I'm spending nearly $100 on feet only for my mouse to start failing right after so I never use them all up and waste money. I'd rather use an inferior mouse for a year or two so I can justify spending all that money on mouse feet lmfao.

Although while we're talking about it, does the Zowie ZA11 come with dpi adjustable software like Razer Synapse?

I'd assume so seeing as everyone seems to rate it.
>>
>>54849424
Sell your feet, $100 could get you a new mouse
>>
File: p1020736.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
p1020736.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>54849424
First order of business is to get a mousepad that doesn't chew up feet. I'm currently on a soft one from xtrac and I have to change my IMO 1.1a's feet every couple of years. When I was on a steelseries hard type one that was every 3 months. I also hate hard pads because they lose their grip on their own after just a couple of years while I've been on the soft one for 5 or so.

When I was a retarded kid I bought one of those glass mousepads, didn't make a difference trackwise but holy fuck that thing ate feet like every month. However with the IMO the lift off distance was absurdly low... not worth the hassle in my case. The only good thing was when I sold it, it was worth slightly more than what I paid for it since it's one of those rare retarded gaymur products that shot up in value due to nobody knowing about it and then thinking it must be a magical secret

Secondly you can just buy aftermarket feet or tape. It doesn't have to fit perfectly as long as the mouse is level. I got a grid of them for the IMO for $8 about 5 years ago and used them on a deathadder and it worked fine. In fact it may make the mouse higher and then decrease the lift off distance more lel
>>
>>54850257
Thanks man, I do have a mousepad although it's a hard one that sticks to the desk, the razer sphex. I love it to tell you the truth, it's pretty much just a smooth skin for your desk to give you a consistent tracking surface.

I got suckered into buying official replacement feet, I wanted them in a hurry and didn't want to have to re-order feet because my after market ones didn't fit properly.
>>
>>54850342
I have a sphex... I hate it. I bought the huge razer goliathus, no regrets. Nearly covers my while desk and is super comfy for my mouse
>>
I stopped using mouse 'feet' yeas ago, they wear out too fucking fast, even the Teflon ones. Nowadays I just put a strip of Scotch tape (the dull matte finish kind) across the bottom of my Microsoft Intellimouse Optical aka IMO and it's like slick as slick gets on an actual mousepad (typical neoprene style).

Tried hard mousepads in the past, tried various kinds, "gaming" pads, etc, they all suck major ass - plain old $1.99 neoprene mouse pad, still the best overall solution along with a $.99 roll of Scotch tape.

Works for me.
>>
>>54848573
I hate the fucking Chroma, mine had an issue with the Left click, when I clicked -- it frequently would click again even though I haven't let go of the button yet. Another issue was the mouse wheel, it would squeak or skip a level, and the funny thing is, I've taken care of the mouse.

I always cover my setup with a microfiber cloth to avoid dust getting into it, never abused the hardware in anyway and would take care of it, only lasted for 4 months with minimal use.

Recently got a g502 and I fucking love it, adjustable waits, you can store profiles onboard and the software isn't fucking buggy like Razer. Most people recommend Zowie or Ducky as the go to, but I guess it's up to personal preference.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.