[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will fanless notebooks take off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: macbook-air-gold-2015-16.jpg (63 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
macbook-air-gold-2015-16.jpg
63 KB, 770x433
Will fanless notebooks take off?
>>
>>54844807
With enough thrust, anything can fly.
>>
>>54844807
>>54844819
How will it fly if it doesnt have fans?
>>
Eventually processors will be so powerful at low voltages that most laptops wont need fans. Right now, we're not there and the new macbooks are shit.
>>
>watch youtube video
>computer throttles to 800MHz

Fucking hell, my computer already maxes out it's fans every time I open a JS-heavy webapp.
I can't imagine having to deal with throttling on top of that.
>>
>>54844807

We already have that in the form of tablets. Higher end hardware is always going to require better cooling.
>>
>>54844807
Probably. I really hope not, though.
>>
Tablets don't have fans. If you don't need a lot of cpu power than yes.

Real laptops that need to do real shit will always need fans
>>
Without the air movement caused by the fans it's highly unlikely.
>>
>Still posting the Macbook now that it's been BTFO by the Zenbook 3

lmao enjoy not having a fucking core i7
>>
>>54844846
The trick is, forgetting to fall.
>>
>>54845096
enjoy running out of battery by lunch
>>
>>54845070
>Tablets don't have fans.
But some of the convertible tablets like the Surface Pro do.

>Real laptops that need to do real shit will always need fans
With current technology. It's hard to say how anything will develop past the near term future because technology can advance so quickly.

>>54845096
Aren't laptop i7s a meme? I thought they were barely any different from laptop i5s because the power and heat requirements don't leave much room for improvement over an i5 of the same generation.

The new macbooks are shit, but I'm skeptical of Intel's marketing too.
>>
>>54845130
So put it in orbit?
>>
File: disgust-015.jpg (121 KB, 768x720) Image search: [Google]
disgust-015.jpg
121 KB, 768x720
Running a large fan at slow speeds is better than having no fan at all.
rMB is fucking disgusting, and I say that as a Macfag.
>>
>>54844849
That's why I use an atom. It's too weak to throttle, but still plenty fast for regular use.
>>
>>54845327
This. I have a rMBP. I rarely hear the fans. Removing the fans for extra thinness is so dumb, the macbooks are already so thing that if anything, making them thicker to add batter life and/or upgradable components would be preferable. But then again, this is Apple and 99% of their users don't want that either...
>>
>>54845286
The Surface Pro had worse performance on the i7 than the i5 because the extra heat throttled it.
>>
File: 1340517674770.jpg (7 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
1340517674770.jpg
7 KB, 274x184
>>54845085
>>
>>54844849
But anon, this memebook already runs at 800mhz.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.